San Diego Meetup

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: San Diego Meetup

Post by Rumpshot »

I would like to do that, but... Mrs. Rumpshot would probably put up with it, grudgingly. The Boy Scouts are having a big shooting (black powder) event at Camp Mataguay (50-60 miles northeast of downtown San Diego) that I would like to visit and touch base briefly. There is a rodeo in Ramona that weekend.

Will be playing the vacation by ear the way it is. May do one of the above, may not.

I am already working to support the Boy Scouts as NMLRA Field Rep from afar.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

BE, speaking of the SD Meet-Up, Albertsons still has their meat counter TWO-FOR-ONE offer going for their seasoned 1/4 chicken pieces and drumsticks. Unfortunately, they're no longer on sale for $1.99 a-pound (making it $.995 a-pound at two-for-one prices) - and it's actually a pretty good flavor.

Just recently, Henry's Market had filet mignon on sale at a savings of $6 per pound.

Do you have a freezer I can dump some items (I get a damn-good prices) if I pick them up for the meet?
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Freezer's packed.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

mousegun wrote:Update:

The work schedule and scope has changed again. :evil: 8-) The update has postponed my travel to the Tx. sites for 3-4 weeks. Unless they throw ANOTHER curveball, I should be working out of my home facility up to then. The odds of me joining you has increased to 60/40.
Today the official curveball has been thrown. The Tx. trip has been postponed due to more pressing matters locally which means I will be in area for the next two-three weeks. That means I can join you next weekend. Got room for one more?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

mousegun wrote:
mousegun wrote:Update:

The work schedule and scope has changed again. :evil: 8-) The update has postponed my travel to the Tx. sites for 3-4 weeks. Unless they throw ANOTHER curveball, I should be working out of my home facility up to then. The odds of me joining you has increased to 60/40.
Today the official curveball has been thrown. The Tx. trip has been postponed due to more pressing matters locally which means I will be in area for the next two-three weeks. That means I can join you next weekend. Got room for one more?
BE needs to make that final call, but I would bet there will be enough room for one more at the table. Hope to make your acquaintance.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Am I supposed to bring anything other than my smiling face?
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Plan is to start the coals at 5. Feel free to show up then. Earlier than that, the fellowship is welcome but I might have you digging ditches or footings. :-)

Yeah, geographic bachelors just get yerself here, we'll have enough to cover. We pretty regularly have larger groups than this. This shouldn't be a stress.

Of course, any salads, chips/dips or such would be welcome. PM me with any offers and we'll adjust our plan.
I'm planning to put enough chicken and brat's for 10 guests plus whoever's around from my brood.

PM me as needed for directions "Help I must have missed your place and am in Tecate" backup contact info.

Meantime I'm cooking for 15 men at church tomorrow morning and need to make a Costco run... Ciao for now
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

blackeagle603 wrote:Plan is to start the coals at 5. Feel free to show up then. Earlier than that, the fellowship is welcome but I might have you digging ditches or footings. :-)

Yeah, geographic bachelors just get yerself here, we'll have enough to cover. We pretty regularly have larger groups than this. This shouldn't be a stress.

Of course, any salads, chips/dips or such would be welcome. PM me with any offers and we'll adjust our plan.
I'm planning to put enough chicken and brat's for 10 guests plus whoever's around from my brood.

PM me as needed for directions "Help I must have missed your place and am in Tecate" backup contact info.

Meantime I'm cooking for 15 men at church tomorrow morning and need to make a Costco run... Ciao for now
You'll need to check your email, PM doesn't work for me.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Sorry, that's what I mean't. Got it.

Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

On the road within the hour.

C-ya at the meet up.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona