Rendezvous Time Again

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Rendezvous Time Again

Post by Rumpshot »

Linky

We plan to be there the last weekend. Drive most of the way on Thursday afternoon and arrive/setup on Friday morning May 5th. Staying until the morning of the 8th and then driving home. We will have the store setup and will stay in Ramona with friends overnite.

Any Sandy Ago folks should plan on stopping out to visit.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Re: Rendezvous Time Again

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Great!
Thanks for the reminder. I have that Friday off so I'll plan on coming up on Friday and stay until at least Saturday, possibly Sunday.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Did you mean to say "re-enactment" or will there be actual trappers there selling furs? :lol:

Anchorage just finished up the annual Fur Rondezvous festival last week. There is a lot of extraneous hoopla involved, but the heart of it is still the Trappers Association Fur Auction. The State of Alaska also holds an auction of seized trophies. I'm pretty sure ours is a better place to find whiskey and women too.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Make sure you leave some room to take a few boxes full of books back with you. ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot,

I just went through one of my boxes of MAGAZINES from the 80's and some from the late 70's, and wondered if you were interested in them. It was VERY interesting to see things like QuadaffiDuck on the cover of Soldier of Fortune, talking about our recent activities over there, as well as field tests of the Israeli Uzi, A couple of articles about the FAL, etc., etc.

Are you interested in such magazines? I know I can sell them on eBay, but if you're interested, I'd much rather have them gather dust with you. Going through some of my older things, I found and old FM from my grandfather, dated in 1942, regarding Unarmed Defense for the American Soldier (FM 21-150, dated June 30, 1942 - and NOT 30 June, 1942). A Improvised Munitions Handbook, FM 31-210, dated 1969 - and an Unconventional Warfare Devices and Techniques - REFERENCES (of course they're ALL in CAPS), Department of the Army, dated April 1966.

Some of these items I'm not interested in letting go, but others, like many of the magazines, I am. But I don't want to waste your time with dealing with them if you're not interested at all (magazines are damn heavy), and when I was looking through them, Kimberly and I thought it might be nice to simply scan the covers for posterity.

I'll be checking out the other books later.

Please let me know about what you're interested in for your wife's (soon to be COMBAT) bookstore. :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) ;) ;) ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

We don't have a lot of room, but thought we would offer some magazines at the store. So what the heck. Yup we will take them and see what we can do. If nothing else sometime down the road they might end up at the VA hospital in Prescott.

Thanks Mike.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona