MCRD Graduation/ Gun Counter Meetup?

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Flintlock Tom

Re: MCRD Graduation/ Gun Counter Meetup?

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'm in for the ceremony and lunch. I may have to go back to work afterward, though.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I'm in for the ceremony and lunch. I may have to go back to work afterward, though.
I WISH!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

OK guys. BE603 & family are a given. Rumpshot with Mrs. Rumpshot, Flintlock Tom, 308 Mike with his Mrs. I know there are more Gun Counter folks in the area. A chance to pull a twofer, support one of our own graduating from MCRD and a Gun Counter meet-up.

Hope to see a bunch of ya there, at MCRD on Friday 2 April, 10 AM. Hodad's afterwards. Somewhere else later????

Lotta pressure for a gratuitious bump, huh? :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If you go, give yourself plenty of time to get through the gate vehicle shakedown/dogs, park and get to the stands. It's pretty well packed by 0930.

This time I'll remember to take my range box (with ammo) out and leave it at home. :oops: duh-ohh.

His best buddy is confirmed for return from A'stan the 30th. So he should be there as a surprise.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

That's great news about his buddy.

The rest is why I will be unarmed in PRK this coming weekend. Plan to hit the gate between 0800-0830.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Gate 5 (along PCH down towards Sassafras & Washington) opens at 0800 for guests. Occurs to me you prolly don't have to mess with that with your sticker and could enter up at main gate.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I imagine with the amount of traffic coming through the visitor's gate just prior to graduation that they won't be going over the cars REAL closely - but I won't be surprised to see them walking dogs around the cars at the gate.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Last graduation I went to they had everyone out of the vehicles and popped bonnet and boots open for inspection.

Luckily my shooting box is an old metal Craftsman tool box and I was looking redneck/cowboy in a western shirt -- they didn't open it and all the ammo.

Good lesson for my son about playing gate guard.