SHOT Show 2017

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

SHOT Show 2017

Post by Rumpshot »

I will be there. I know Jay Grazio is there. Tam may be attending.

I will arrive Monday evening, and depart mid-afternoon on Friday. I have a reception on Thursday evening to attend. Will any of you reprobates make it? If so, stop by the NMLRA Booth, 2428 on Level One. In the main central aisle.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Denis

Re: SHOT Show 2017

Post by Denis »

Rumpshot wrote:I will be there. I know Jay Grazio is there. Tam may be attending.

I will arrive Monday evening, and depart mid-afternoon on Friday. I have a reception on Thursday evening to attend. Will any of you reprobates make it? If so, stop by the NMLRA Booth, 2428 on Level One. In the main central aisle.
Lucky you. Have fun and take lots of photos for us. I won't be at SHOT, but I might go to the IWA in Nürnberg in March, like last year. Invitations just arrived in the post...
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It isn't like most of us can just walk in :|
Denis

Post by Denis »

Denis wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:I will be there.
Lucky you. Have fun and take lots of photos for us.
Remember your hand sanitizer (and skin moisturizer for the after-effects), and don't touch your hands to eyes, mouth or nose. All the meeting and greeting at trade shows is a terrible vector for colds and flu. I had the flu two years in a row after being at IWA. This year, I've had the vaccine, and I'll be extra fussy about hand hygiene if I go.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Steamforger wrote:It isn't like most of us can just walk in :|
I am painfully aware of this. Also quite thankful that I am in a position that I can attend, just wish the whole Gun Counter roster could get in and enjoy.

I post my attendance to hopefully be able to meet up with a few folks that I almost never get a chance to meet otherwise. Jay Grazio is an example. I met Breda several years ago at the NRA convention in Phoenix, I met Kevin Baker at the NOR Shoot in Phoenix and visit with him periodically over the intarwebs. I am not a fanboy in any way shape or fashion, but I respect the folks that can continuously write about our great hobby.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'm not busting your balls about it, and in retrospect, my comment could be taken as harsh. I get the limited attendance to a point. If I was trying to market some products and reach industry insiders, potential customers, etc. I sure as hell wouldn't want it turning into the shit show many MODs can be.

Maybe a ticket that prices out the finger-bangers from the genuinely interested?
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

It seems Kriss is down with the weebness:

Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well it is all in the books til next year.

Was a good show for me. Did not see Tam or Jay, but did see a lot of folks that come by each year. Todd Hoffman's crew from Gold Rush walked by a couple of times. Freddy Dodge, who is a muzzle loader hunter, was not with the group and I did not see him this year. He usually stops by to check on the Longhunter book.

My partner and I sold more NMLRA memberships this year than in years past, I think.

A couple of projects I have been involved with seem to be coming to fruition.

I tell you, 8 hours a day in a room with 70 db of ambient noise, on your feet talking to people will wear you down. I was beat at the end of the day. Did I mention the price of food? Plan on $20-$30 for lunch, of mediocre food.

I did not get a chance to do much "shopping". There are a number of things out there on the market I do want to follow up on though. One that I liked was Do All's Megaboom. Pedersoli has some really nice muzzle loaders and other guns too.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Rumpshot wrote:One that I liked was Do All's Megaboom. Pedersoli has some really nice muzzle loaders and other guns too.
Having blown up small water bottles with vompressed air, i can confirm the volume of release, they're loud..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt