Special Guest - Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Special Guest - Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Post by Rumpshot »

Several things in this announcement.

Precision will be my special guest this year at RR 2016. If you are on the fence about coming, maybe this will help you decide.

I invited Precision in a small effort to remember his bride of too few years. Some of us had the privilege to meet and get to know Dawn. Dawn was a very special lady and the two of them complemented each other in ways that most of us will never understand. Dawn fought the brave fight with Cancer and unfortunately Cancer won. Dawn spent much of her time helping others. She did not neglect her own health, but assisted others along the way with their fight. Dawn was one of two ladies that helped make it easier for me to deal with my own battles with cancer.

Last year I did not hold a Rumpshot's Revenge. At the time I cancelled it, I did not know I would be approaching my second round of treatments, but I did have a lot of other things going on. This year it is time to get back on that horse and ride it. Revenge will be Oct 29-30 this year. As always you are welcome to arrive early and stay late. I have a couple of new targets to play with. I have my electric trap to throw clay pigeons. I plan to have a chronograph.

I know some folks have moved, some closer, some further away. Some seem to have dropped out. Does anyone know if AZMARK is still around? I would like to invite all y'all to come join in the festivities.

Another thing, I have a "new" house to show off. We had a house built two years ago on the site of the old (modular) house. Some of you have seen it during construction. We have been in the house for over a year and a half and are starting to get moved in.

Camping is available at the site. I will rent a hooter so there will be that. There are several motels in town (Chino Valley is closest, then Prescott, then Prescott Valley). Motel availability may be scarce due to Gunsite class schedules. Gunsite is just a couple of miles from my house. There is a formal gun range in Chino Valley if you need to spend some time getting sighted in ($10.00 per day).

I have been thinking about this post for a couple of days, but did not take notes, so I am certain that I have forgotten something.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Re: Special Guest - Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Post by Rod »

We talked on the phone and I think we discussed a memorial campfire or some other celebration of Dawn's life and courage.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Was just talking with dear wife about attending this year -- finally. Your timing of this post makes one wonder about "coincidence."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Oct 29 and 30. Just around the corner. Would like to see some sort of commitment from you guys.

Rumpshot's Revenge is just a simple shooting, social gathering event. Nothing fancy. Some folks wear their NoR shirts. Others have been known to wear a kilt. Bring what ya got to shoot. Shoot all day Saturday. Saturday evening adjourn to my house for dinner. Sunday usually sees the shotguns broken out and the trap swings into action. After a day and a half of shooting most folks are ready to wrap it up around noon on Sunday. Brass/shotgun shells are policed up. Targets are brought in. Any trash is picked up. Camp is struck and the hooter hauled out.

The "range" is on National Forest. Camping is free. I provide a hooter (I do pass the hat to help pay for it). I currently have a "spare" Toyhauler travel trailer for an extra bedroom. It is subject to being sold. It has a queen size bed and full facilities. There is lots of room for rv's or tents in my yard. Precision will use one of the spare bedrooms upstairs. The second bedroom is held in reserve at this time.

Though I am known as a blackpowder guy, any legal gun may be brought to shoot. I could use some more targets, if you have any. I have an electric trap to throw clay pigeons, as well as a manual trap.

Dinner at the house is a chance to sit down and relax and visit. I again pass the hat to help pay for dinner. Haven't decided yet what I want to fix, but it will be good.

If you show up on Friday, and you are welcome to do so. Plan on helping to set up awnings, haul the hooter up to the range, and to set targets. Friday night usually has someone buying pizza for dinner. Adult libations are also usually consumed.

There are a couple of motels in Chino Valley if that is your choice of accommodations.

It is also time to throw down the .45-70 challenge. $5, open iron sights, off-hand, 365 yards, steel target. Winner takes all. I will have my Trap-door Springfield and my Browning 78.

Location is north of Prescott, AZ about 30 miles in Paulden, AZ. Easy access from I-40 from the north and Hwy 89 from the south.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

For monetary and health reasons, I'm probably not going to be able to attend AGAIN! I'm really getting sick of my life sometimes.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Dang it Rod, being sick and old is not all it is cracked up to be. Really would like to see you here, but I do understand. You might look for us to roll into your driveway towards the end of May next year.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Post by Rod »

No problem guy, plan on staying a couple of days.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well, a week and a half to go til RR 2016.

Planning on Potato Soup and other good stuff for dinner on Saturday night. There will be bacon in the soup!

Got one spare bedroom available at the house, and a travel trailer. Lots of room for RV's in the yard and at the site. In the yard there is water and electricity.

Will do setup on Friday the 28th. Gotta fire up the reloading equip and run some ammo.

Hope to see a bunch of you here.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I'm trying to get my car into the shop (engine light came on & need smog cert to complete the registration - I DO NOT want to get stopped for expired registration with several guns and a bunch of ammo in my car) so I can head out and join y'all.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

One of these years.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop