Special Guest - Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Re: Special Guest - Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Post by Rumpshot »

For those of you who are inclined to camp at RR, the night time temperatures are dropping into the low 30's now. The actual temperature may or may not actually reach freezing, but the possibility is there.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Getting right down to the wire here guys, and gals. Got a handful of local folks that plan to show up, sure hope the forum folks can too.

I know there are several AZ folks that have never attended. This is a fun event and all are welcome.

Precision arrives late on Thursday and will be here for the duration.

Several folks from California have expressed an interest, but most probably won't show up. :-(

Cleaned out the garage so there is room to set up tables for Saturday night dining. Or if it is nice enough, dining on the back porch.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Precision

Post by Precision »

As you know ( you bought the tickets). I will be there. Thank you again for your generosity.

I know Dawn is smiling, both with me and at me.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I hope you all have a wonderful time. No vacations or extended time off possible here for the foreseeable future due to work and family but it sounds like a great event.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Precision got in late last night.

Today we visited the site and hauled up the hooter and some targets. Stood up the awings and set tables.

JohnOC is enroute.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

Have fun guys!

Even had I been able to schedule a visit, stuff came up at work and I would have had to cancel anyway.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rod

Post by Rod »

Talked with you Rumpshot so you know why I can't make it. DAMMIT! I'm getting tired of being sick AND broke.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well the first day is in the bag. Watching the sunrise this morning and reading the intarwebs.

Very light crowd. John OC and his lovely bride and her two boys, Precision and myself were to only shooters on Saturday. I had expected more locals and hopefully more forum members. Many members have a very valid reason for not attending, Rod I am thinking of you. Others, well, Ya shoulda been there.

The site is about 5.5 (4.5 depending on the route) miles off pavement. Most of this distance is in the National Forest and the road is maintained, but it has been a wet monsoon season, so the road is a bit rough. But once you get to the site, it is really nice. The "range" area opens into a nice little meadow and then works through the trees/brush up the hill to the 260ish yard target. I hope to acquire some more steel and have some younger person haul it further up the hill. Around the 300 yard mark is a nice ledge that would accommodate a target or two.

The two young boys enjoyed shooting the .22's and even the AR's. One tried a shot with my double barrel 16 gauge. That did not sit well with him, though it was his idea. The mortar was fired a couple of times and there was Tannerite.

Today will bring a new opportunity to play.

Wish All Y'all was here.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

RR 2016 is over and done with. Today Precision goes back to Florida to clean up some loose ends then on to Nashville to settle into his new abode.

The event went well, though very sparsely attended. I may have another skipped year in 2017 due to other things, not health related. Watch for further developments.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona