Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Post by Rumpshot »

I plan on hosting it again this year. Last year was just too busy...

Tentative dates 28, 29, 30 Oct, 2016. I am open to negotiations on the date.

This will be the 10 year anniversary of the 2006 NOR Meetup in Phoenix at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility.

All y'all are invited.

Discuss
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rod

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2016

Post by Rod »

Making plans this time, God willing 2016 is better than 2015.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Lessee.

If I drive, it will take three days (each way), but I can bring a metric buttload of guns, that other people may, or may not, want to shoot.

If I fly, I can't bring any guns, but the traveling part will be over sooner. However, I will need to use grace and charm in order to shoot other peoples' guns. Not a good fallback position.

How soon do you need an answer better than " A definite maybe"?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

First Shirt wrote:Lessee.

If I drive, it will take three days (each way), but I can bring a metric buttload of guns, that other people may, or may not, want to shoot.

If I fly, I can't bring any guns, but the traveling part will be over sooner. However, I will need to use grace and charm in order to shoot other peoples' guns. Not a good fallback position.

Metric buttload is a pretty precise accounting. Just be careful not to have a tragic boating accident enroute...

Flying is a piss poor method of travel for such a prestigious event. You would definitely be afforded the opportunity to shoot other peoples guns, but not having your own and or purchasing ammo on arrival is too iffy.

Hard response is required, before the event is over.

Back to driving. You have a wonderful opportunity to meet and greet other potential attendees along the way.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

We really need an east coast meetup.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Or one in the middle.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rod

Post by Rod »

First Shirt wrote:Lessee.

As Rumpshot mentioned, you could bring your toys and ammo and meet interesting folks on the way. Talk about how to plan it and you could stop overnight at Casa Linkous and we could convoy the rest of the way. Montgomery to San Antonio is a 12 hour drive, 10 hours from there to El Paso, then another 9 to Rumpshot's. I'd probably say you should make three stops from where you are to Northern AZ, one being here for food and lodging for free.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Bump.

Planning for another location for a meetup/shoot just takes someone thinking it through and making and posting plans...
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I know I ask this every year, but whereabouts is RR?

I really want to get to one one year. Maybe this could be it.
Greg wrote:Or one in the middle.
I still think we could cobble together a mini meet up in the middle somewhere. I can think of about six members within, say, 250 miles of STL. There might be more.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Weetabix wrote:I know I ask this every year, but whereabouts is RR?

I really want to get to one one year. Maybe this could be it.
RR is in central Arizona, north of Prescott about 35 miles.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona