Rumpshot's Revenge 2013

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2013

Post by Rumpshot »

Weetabix wrote:Is it still 11/1-3?

I've told my boss I want that time off, and I've announced it to my wife. That's not to say that unforeseen professional obligations won't kibosh it, but my dream/plan is to be there.
The dates are unchanged. Nov 1-3. Nov 1 will be partial day getting ready. Extra hands are appreciated. On-site camping is free. No water, some wood. We can make sure you have enough water.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

What's the weather usually like and can I bring my boy?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Weetabix wrote:What's the weather usually like and can I bring my boy?
I don't mean to speak for Rumpshot, but:

As long as nothing's been changed to restrict your boy being exposed to something he shouldn't, I'd say he's probably MORE THAN WELCOME! EVERY time I've been at a Rumpshot's, there's been NOTHING to prohibit young, responsible shooters (it's not like we have strippers onsite dancing around the campfire - even if that sounds like GREAT entertainment)!

Other than the fact that we're using deadly tools during the course of our entertainment and take all the appropriate safeguards, I don't see a single reason you shouldn't bring your youngster.

Depending on his tastes, you might want to get him a shoulder recoil pad in the event he wants to shoot a large variety of the shoulder-fired guns, especially in the few days we're going to be out there (after all, not all of them are going to be recoil-absorbing AR-TYPE guns - that is, unless he's already used to shooting .30 caliber rifles with NO recoil pad for extended periods. Think M1A/M14, M1 Garand, 7.5 Swiss, etc. - besides the usual AR-type rifles in 5.56mm, and MAYBE some in 7.62mm, but no guarantees! And don't forget about all the 12-ga shotguns that's be around (plus handguns in various calibers)

YMMV!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Well, he's 19, shoots clays better than I do, and he loves my Mosins.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Weetabix wrote:Well, he's 19, shoots clays better than I do, and he loves my Mosins.
BRING HIM!!!! :D :D :D :D

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Like Mike said, bring him. The firearms will be the usual... Sounded like Mike offered to provide campfire entertainment too... Of course there will be the usual mix of crotchety old farts too.

Temps could be in the high 80's during the day to the low 30's or high 20's at night. If you camp be prepared for frost. There is a Day's Inn and a couple of other small motels in Chino Valley, the closest city. Prescott and Prescott Valley are next.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Regretfully, we've decided that we can't attend this year's RR. Little Sister is still recovering from recent surgery and both of us are just not energetic enough to make a six-day round trip drive.

I just hope that continuing government stupidity won't interfere with the festivities in the National Forest,.....
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We're sorry that you and Little Sister won't be able to attend. Is she doing okay after surgery??? After all, the health of our members is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than having a grand time simply putting rounds down-range. Does she need anything??

How about YOU? Do YOU need anything? Is there anything we can do to help you get back above the weather? An organization is only as strong as its members, and we prefer our members to be healthy with a strong pulse (and a STRONG trigger finger and good shootin' eye)!!

Really, do either of you need ANYTHING??? We take care of our own (as you know), so if you need something/ANYTHING, please let us know!!

Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

308Mike wrote:We're sorry that you and Little Sister won't be able to attend. Is she doing okay after surgery??? After all, the health of our members is FAR MORE IMPORTANT than having a grand time simply putting rounds down-range. Does she need anything??

How about YOU? Do YOU need anything? Is there anything we can do to help you get back above the weather? An organization is only as strong as its members, and we prefer our members to be healthy with a strong pulse (and a STRONG trigger finger and good shootin' eye)!!

Really, do either of you need ANYTHING??? We take care of our own (as you know), so if you need something/ANYTHING, please let us know!!
Thanks for the kind offer, but it's just a matter of Little Sister healing up and me taking care of her. She gets tired very quickly, and nothing is as exhausting as long-range travel. Also, we're feeling a little apprehensive about being far from home during the coming political and economic turmoil. We'll be okay by-and-by, but we've decided it's best to stay close to home for the rest of the year.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
Little Sister

Post by Little Sister »

Thank you for the offer, but like Dinochrome said, I just need some more time to heal up. The doctor kept reminding me that it was major surgery. We are doing really well around the house and sometimes into town.

I will miss the trip out but I don't think a long trip is in the cards for this year. Hope everyone else has a wonderful time and that you will post pictures.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - Robert Heinlein