Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
308Mike

Re: Rumpshot's Revenge 2012

Post by 308Mike »

Well, it appears I may have a work opportunity which coincides with RR, even though it's temporary work, it will likely allow me to head out to the range and get some shooting in with Y'ALL!!

If this is gonna' work, I need to dig through my stuff and find what I want to take and limit it to only what I can bring in my Honda Civic. So far, my wife is agreeable and I still need to talk to my mom and her care-taker (since she's currently going through Chemo, and since I told her she wasn't going to be the ONLY one of our family in public with a hairless head - "Chrome Dome" - I told her I'd also shave my head to be like her, but I want NOTHING to do with the nausea and vomiting/diarrhea that also goes along with the Chemo treatments).

So, if you see me there, I'll likely be sporting a "Chrome Dome" for my mom. As I have also started cleaning pools to make money, I need to let a few folks know I might not be around for a few days (but since the water is now getting colder, they can go longer between cleanings). I'm working on doing what I can to make arrangements to attend (WITH MY CAMERA), and if so, I hope to get some GREAT shots of the participants of RR 2012!!

I can't say right now that I'm going to be there, but at this point it's better than a 50/50 bet, and looking better all the time. We can't afford to bring the RV (with new tires all around, and vehicle registration since it hasn't been on the road in 2+ years - and the fridge is broken [but ice blocks & a cooler can handle that], and my wife is telling me I need to spend some time away from taking care of her and my mom), so the more WE (my wife and I) discuss it, the more likely it looks I'll probably be attending (WOO HOO!!!!), even if it's without the love of my life :cry: .

She'd like to go, but is trying to start up her own business. I want to help but can't be in two/three places at one time. I'll also need to limit the amount of guns and ammo I can bring in my car. Regardless, I'm REALLY leaning towards going unless my mom is having a major procedure, but I also know she likes to see me getting out and shooting, even if she can't be there (I've taken her shooting MANY times), so, I'm working on it (my mom also has a police problem with the next door neighbors which I'm working on).

At this point, it's looking quite likely I'll be there for RR 2012!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D

BUT DON'T FORGET TO VOTE SOON AFTERWARDS!!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Getting closer.

Looking at the weather forecast and watching the nighttime temps, it will be cool. I think it was 27 this morning and forecast to be about the same on Friday night, then warmer Sat and Sun next week. Daytime temps in high 60's - low 70's. Sunny, no precipitation. Come prepared.

Friday will be setup day. I have a handful of targets. I don't have the silhouette targets yet. Not sure if I will get them or not. I do have a couple of new steel targets that are heavier and need to be humped up the hill.

The place we ate dinner on Friday night last year is closed. Kathi proposed we go to Pizza Hut. They are half-way between the book store and the motel.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I was thinking, that Saturday night dinner needs to formally be designated NoR dress. Those with NoR shirts should wear them to dinner.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Kilts are optional.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Making final preps for the trip. Our four-legged family members will be in the kennel on Tuesday and we will follow the same travel plan as last year. We should be able to maintain comms during the trip using Little Sister's lap-top and our mobile modem.

One more day and a wake-up!
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'll be hitting the road on Thursday afternoon and expect to get there early Friday.
I'm really looking forward to this. This shooting week-end will cap off a very busy and expensive month.
3 birthdays, a retirement party and sending the daughter off for 3 months in Romania.
I had to sell 4 guns for supplemental income, but ended up buying 3 other guns!?
Probably going to have to sell a few more guns before Christmas.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

I'll be bringing 3 new guests for the fun. Work schedules are not going to allow leaving before dark Friday, so we're going to leave at omg:30 on Saturday instead. Should be there by 9ish.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Little Sister

Post by Little Sister »

Dinochrome and I have started our trip. We are on the way and will hopefully be there on Friday morning in time to help put up targets and whatever. Looking forward to seeing everyone who can come there. :D :D
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity - Robert Heinlein
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well the latest look at Weather Underground holds for clear skies, daytime temps in the mid-70's and night time lows between 25-32. Should be great weather for shooting.

Got a bunch of AZ folks that should attend that have not checked in...

Kommander, AZMark for two. I know there are more folks lurking.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

I'll be arriving Friday, probably noonish depending on how long it takes to clear up some work stuff in the morning.
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam