Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
McClarkus

Re: Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Post by McClarkus »

Glad to hear and I hope you do well. I was nervous as could be when I lost a job 12 years ago and was forced into self-employment but it was the best thing that could have happened. Furniture refinishing and repairs is what I am still doing by word of mouth only now so I know you can get it going with Crispin. Best of luck.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
cageym

Post by cageym »

Just for laughs google Crispin Arms and this will be one of the first that come up. So when do you open the 12 taps Chris? :lol:
RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE. It's voltage divided by current.

There is no such thing as overkill. There is only "Open fire!" and "Reloading!"
-John Ringo "The Hot Gate"
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It scored well, too!
Nicodemus

Post by Nicodemus »

Glad you pursuing your passion. I think the fact that your maintain willingness and ability to do so part time will bring you good fortune. If nothing else for the simple fact that it shows your willingness to be flexible and maintain realistic expectations.

I have recently done the opposite. In September I became a sub contracted technician for uber-mega television signal distribution company and closed the doors on my martial arts training facility temporarily. Between economy, timing and local market finding financial success was a struggle and I realized that for now, until the better half finishes her degree and is employed with it and the two and one year old are in school, my focus should be on providing a stable living for the family.

Opposite still I am happier now as a reliable provider than a chaser of passion. Unfortunately I am often tied up with work between 5am and 7pm or later 5-6 days a week so doing both isn't an option or I would.

I wish you good luck but believe the sum of your experiences and abilities will prevent you from needing it.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

May God bless you and your family, and this new venture. I may even get to your area sometime. I hope to "retire" to the general area in a decade or two- La Grande, OR, in fact. A little south and west of you, but within reach, I think. I truly wish the best for you and your family, with your skill, talent, and drive the business should flourish in no time.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Best wishes in this. Wish I could be an early customer but I just finished spending a chunk of long-saved money on some hard to get Challenger parts...
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Chris, will you be doing custom rifle cases? I've got a Romano 1st Model Maynard carbine I want a working - not display - case for. And some ideas for a percussion revolver shooter's case, too.
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

Good to hear it man! Best of luck with your shop!
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Hmm;

I was just googling around for a 1911 smith to do a little on my Springfield GI.
I'll have to get back to you after Christmas about that.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Chris, I hate to say it, but I don't think you're gonna hit that 15k number for the first 90 days. You may or may not do it for the period after that, but the first 90 is where everything is a mess, waiting for paperwork, setting up advertising, etc.

If you want a suggestion - once you get an FFL, buy up some of those new Savage Axis rifles as cheap as possible in 223, and put 300 blackout barrels on them, then put 'em on Gunbroker for 50-100 bucks more than parts - BFG cartridges sells the barrels for around 170 bucks for the 16" ones. All you'd need is the AAC headspace gauges(PTG is having a sale on Blackout stuff right now, I think) and a barrel wrench. You can probably change the whole thing from start to finish in 10 minutes or less. I would look into seeing if this falls under the 50 gun rule(I don't think so, because you're starting with a whole rifle, but don't quote me) to make sure you don't run afoul of BATFE if you wind up selling alot of them.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt