Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
HTRN

Re: Announcing Crispin Arms, and Crispin Fabrication

Post by HTRN »

Kreg makes interesting stuff - they now have a deck jig that puts the screws in the edge at an angle, hiding them.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

If I ever come into the money to add a beaver tail to my Hi-power it's heaed your way.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

they now have a deck jig that puts the screws in the edge at an angle, hiding them.
That's the only tool they make that I don't like. I build A LOT of decks. I use one of these: http://www.hid-fast.com/ or one of these: http://www.deckfastener.com/pages/produ ... on_gun.asp depending on the material.

The Kreg jig leaves very visible screw holes in the side of the decking and it's very labor intensive. If you want to use a method like that (I don't), the Camo system at least comes w. self-tapping screws that even work in Ipe (Ironwood). http://www.camofasteners.com/ I have a one I was given to test if anyone wants it!

Sorry, Chris! :jacked:
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Best of luck to you sir!
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Best wishes in your new endeavor, sir.

May I ask, in your experience with 1911's, have you ever performed a rounded "bobtail" conversion similar to the Kimber Super Carry Pro?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Durham68 wrote:If I ever come into the money to add a beaver tail to my Hi-power it's headed your way.
I think those look awesome.

You can probably supplement your income by buying all those cheap guns up there and Gunbroker-ing them at 25% over what you paid as soon as your FFL comes in.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

If I had a choice between spindle boresize and space between centers, I'd take spindle bore size any day of the week. Most of the work on barrels is going to be in the head stock.

There are ways around the spindle bore issue - one of the more creative ones I came across was a spacer between the chuck and the mounting plate made from tube, thus extending the chuck 6" or so farther out, which allowed more of the barrel out of the spindle, and still fit.

Don't worry about the stress of spending money on machine tools. Before long, you'll be able to say "Only a thousand? Whata deal!" :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

FWIW, if you can come up with a way to make Marlin Camp 9 & 45 trigger housings out of a solvent tolerant material economically, you will probably be able to tap a good niche market. Even though Numrich sells the factory guards for ~$15, anyone who has worked on one knows they are a serious PIA to put together. Why Marlin chose ABS for that part is anyones guess but plenty have been melted by cleaning solvents.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

How about an extended charging handle for a Camp 45? Should be easy, and I'd want one...
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

CByrneIV wrote:I have, and I am actually in the middle of another one right now. I'm going to do a series of blog posts on the subject in the next few weeks.
Awesome, I look forward to seeing that. I've been contemplating something along the lines of a Kimber SIS Pro with a rounded bobtail conversion as my next carry gun. Maybe with my tax return next year...
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL