CC in Orlando!

Announcements for an entire nation, or for the entire world.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

CC in Orlando!

Post by Combat Controller »

Howdy howdy Florida folks! I have had a crazy couple of years including a last minute relocation to Orlando for work. So Florida gun nuts I am going to need your help finding ranges, hunting alligators and drinking my whiskey collection. Get in touch!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Re: CC in Orlando!

Post by Netpackrat »

Well, dang. I only had another year plus to go before the youngest is in school, and I would have a chance of being able to attend the shooting fest.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

CC, I'm up in Jacksonville. About a 2 1/2 hour drive. If you want, message me and I'll pass on my phone number and we can talk.

Here's a link to a list of the best 10 gun ranges in the Orlando area according to Yelp reviews:

10 Best Gun Ranges in Orlando

Ray
g-man

Post by g-man »

Three more years next month, and I can tell Uncle to pound sand. Orlando area is on the short list for retirement locations, so it'd be nice if you stuck around so I'll at least have some intel on the area...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Don't plan on going anywhere, and I do plan on a fiesta or two in the future. I still have a place in Austin and maybe use the ranch in NM.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Precision

Post by Precision »

Combat Controller wrote:Howdy howdy Florida folks! I have had a crazy couple of years including a last minute relocation to Orlando for work. So Florida gun nuts I am going to need your help finding ranges, hunting alligators and drinking my whiskey collection. Get in touch!
In Palm Bay, there is a quite nice outdoor gun range (110 acres) with action bays, dedicated 22lr range, 600 yard range...
Two years ago when I moved, they were fighting FUDDS in the group and fighting against dipshit homeowners that built houses near the range. But they have a sister range physically touching theirs that is the OFFICIAL Palm Bay Police range, so...

Aligator hunting is all around. There are several WMA's on the St John's River where that is legal.

Whiskey, you are on your own, but Winter Park has a great by the glass Wine place in its downtown and many other great options there as well.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/