Green Beret Games

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

Green Beret Games

Post by Vonz90 »

g-man

Re: Green Beret Games

Post by g-man »

Here's the embedded link from the article to the "night letter" sent anonymously by one of the SFQC cadre to ~2000-odd SF bubbas worldwide. If even 1/3 of the issues noted there are true, Army SF is well and truly screwed. The fact that the author calls out graduated GBs BY NAME speaks volumes as to the depth of the rot.

https://thenewsrep.com/94786/careerism- ... apability/
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

My BIL is 12yrs in SF and he says the standards dropped significantly in that time.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
randy

Post by randy »

My best friend in college went through the Q course back in the 70's (When Men Were Men, Training was Tough, and Giants Roamed the Earth ;) )

He caught a tree branch in an eye during the final field exercise and had to be evaced for treatment. He was given a choice, either drop out entirely, or recycle and do that portion of training over from the start once his eye was healed. (He took the recycle).

Based on that article, sounds like today he wouldn't have even been asked, but would take back up where he left off, or even "waivered" for the remainder of that portion.

Back then (and from what I know at least up through the 80's), they wanted folks that wouldn't quit no matter what , and would be willing to start from zero if need be.

Now it sounds like it's meet the quotas and make the stats look good.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

This is news? I figured SOCOM was circling the drain when you had the fiasco of women doing the ranger course and passing.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Hopefully the cancer has not metastasized, and they can fix the rot within.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

All good!

When "Jade Helm" goes live, it will be easier to deal with snowflakes who need their "quiet space" or freak out because the restroom is out of tampons.

All we can control is ourselves. I'm hiking tomorrow in the mountains with about 35 pounds of water bottles and snacks in my bright blue daypack. My friends think I'm such a nice guy to bring all the water, but they would back away from me if I showed up with my 35 pounds of loaded 72 gear.

How is your training?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

SF School is behind the times. Here's MSG Popp going off on women passing Ranger School. He's a 3 tab. I'm only a 1 tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyoaTFHCCgw

Cliff notes on his key points:
1. He noted that the first women to graduate Ranger School looked well fed, which happened with other ranger school grads ... never
2. There was a 37 year-old mother who graduated Ranger School
3. There was a women who got pregnant during Ranger School, so she is getting recycled after maternity leave

This fits with the discussion on stupid rich kids bribing their way into top colleges. Who cares about meeting requirements, just distribute the trophies (degrees, Ranger tabs, SF tabs, etc.)

All good!
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I didn't know Israel beat us to the punch. This is from 2017, so old news.

Popp Culture rant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUpqs-IpAXE

Cliff notes:
Israel decides IDF Standards are too hard for women so:
1. Women carry 4 mags vs. 6 mags for men
2. Women run 2km vs. 3km for men
3. Women don't have to do some of the obstacles on the obstacle course
4. Women have a shorter basic training

That should work out well. We have a border problem with people wanting to enter illegally and get free sh#t. Israel has a border problem with people wanting to enter illegally and kill them.