Reason 346,780,221 why...

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Vonz90

Reason 346,780,221 why...

Post by Vonz90 »

They need to stop trying to wedge women into combat specialties..

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/y ... rnization/
Netpackrat

Re: Reason 346,780,221 why...

Post by Netpackrat »

Shit, why didn't anyone warn them this would happen?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

What a surprise...

SAID NO ONE EVER.

How much damn money did they waste training her?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

How about that ridiculous statement from her lawyer? Yeah, she's earned a place in Marine Corps history already.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Honestly, this is, IMO, entirely a moral failing on the part of both Marines. (Yes, I know, legally the blame falls entirely on her, since she had more rank. But I'm pretty sure there are things in most religions about not enabling the sins of others.)

It could have happened in an MP unit. It could have happened in an aviation unit. It could have happened in a supply unit, or a maintenance unit. All of those type units have been co-ed for decades.

Unless you're going to completely remove women from the military - which is completely unfeasible from a personnel and manning perspective - this kind of stuff is going to happen. Although usually the sexes tend to be reversed. (Usually, but not always. A buddy of mine loved to tell the story of the time he was the duty officer for his unit while at Camp Buehring in Kuwait. He was doing a check of the motor pool and heard noises coming from the back of a 5-ton. He lifted the canvas to find a LTC (male) with a COL's (female) legs up over his shoulders, going to town. "Carry on sir, ma'am." Flap back down. Walk away. He was assigned to a division HQ, maybe corps, IIRC.)
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 am Honestly, this is, IMO, entirely a moral failing on the part of both Marines. (Yes, I know, legally the blame falls entirely on her, since she had more rank. But I'm pretty sure there are things in most religions about not enabling the sins of others.)

It could have happened in an MP unit. It could have happened in an aviation unit. It could have happened in a supply unit, or a maintenance unit. All of those type units have been co-ed for decades.
I don't condone it in support units either (I will not repeat my general rant on that subject), but the only place in Western society where someone can be ordered to do something that is guaranteed to result in their own death (and be subject to the death penalty if they refuse) is combat. So we better be holding units with unique requirements to higher standards that recognize those requirements.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

I'm all for it. Along with all the LGBT (and whatever other letters they've added for perversions I'm unfamiliar with).

I figure the more combat-ineffective the us.gov enforcement elements are when SHTF, the easier it will be for my friends and family.

Let's just say I'm not counting on Posse Comitatus lasting much longer than Glass-Steagall
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Langenator wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:23 am Honestly, this is, IMO, entirely a moral failing on the part of both Marines. (Yes, I know, legally the blame falls entirely on her, since she had more rank. But I'm pretty sure there are things in most religions about not enabling the sins of others.)

Unless you're going to completely remove women from the military - which is completely unfeasible from a personnel and manning perspective - this kind of stuff is going to happen. Although usually the sexes tend to be reversed. (Usually, but not always. A buddy of mine loved to tell the story of the time he was the duty officer for his unit while at Camp Buehring in Kuwait. He was doing a check of the motor pool and heard noises coming from the back of a 5-ton. He lifted the canvas to find a LTC (male) with a COL's (female) legs up over his shoulders, going to town. "Carry on sir, ma'am." Flap back down. Walk away. He was assigned to a division HQ, maybe corps, IIRC.)
What is a COL?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Full colonel, I think?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Probably deserves another heading, but it's another reason why women in the military doesn't matter: https://straightlinelogic.com/2018/09/2 ... bert-gore/

Here is the money quote:
most US military spending is the welfare state with epaulets
The women (COL and LTC) want their place at the trough.

The Samurai class in Japan held a similar position, long after their effectiveness as a combat force became irrelevant. Hollywood, of course, loves to idolize the Samurai sword, but as a combat weapon it is only good for terrorizing unarmed peasants. To protect the Samurai and their precious swords, the definition of "armed" became so constrained that fighting styles with rice flails developed (nanchuk's anyone?). Once a real foreign force showed up, they folded without a fight.

We're probably looking at the same in the US, until some foreign force shows up to instigate some real change.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe