The P-47

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

The P-47

Post by toad »

I'm waiting for payday to buy a kindle book about the P-47 in the Pacific Theater. I'm reminded of what I read about it's teething problems in the European theatre and how it gained a reputation as a ground attack fighter. The funny thing is that it was designed to be a high altitude bomber killer and that was why it carried the 8 fifty caliber machine guns. I need to research and see if the ever did a prototype with 20 mm guns. :?:
HTRN

Re: The P-47

Post by HTRN »

You know, for a second, i thought you were talking about the can opener.. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

HTRN wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 am You know, for a second, i thought you were talking about the can opener.. :lol:
Nah that was the P-38. :mrgreen:

Although I think anything mounting eight .50s probably counts as a can opener.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

Next the F-35 , it can open cans , be used as a knife or spoon , will fit on a key chain , and you can ride it to work, Just send one half billion for shipping and handling.