Mayo Clinic Screws Up

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
skb12172

Mayo Clinic Screws Up

Post by skb12172 »

This family will be multimillionaires. Even one of the board members resigned and refused to defend the clinic. Some of those staff members should be in prison. Two part article. Read the whole thing.
Jesus, Joseph, and Mary...

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/08/13/health ... index.html
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Netpackrat

Re: Mayo Clinic Screws Up

Post by Netpackrat »

That's special. I think her family dealt with that a lot better than I would have.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

If by "a lot better" you mean fewer really loud noises and no opportunity for the hospital to practice their Mass Casualty protocols, then yeah, me too.

This is sort of like Bull Simons walking the EDS hostages out of an Iranian prison and quietly driving them across the border vs going full up SAS.

The only thing I would have done differently would be pulling their cell phone batteries before going to the hospital. Or better yet, boxing them up and shipping them off via a Greyhound heading away from their intended destination.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

"Respect Mah Authoritay" and "We Gots The Income Stream Controlled so bugger off, you peons...." I would probably have not ultimately handled the interpersonal dealings with the "Doctor" nearly so non-unpleasantly. Kneecaps are very fragile.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Doctors driven by ego... Who'd have thunk it? :roll:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

They probably should have gotten in contact with an attorney and the Police before they decided to go on this daring rescue mission. Would have been allot easier and safer to recover their daughter with a court order and a cop than A-Team shenanigans.
BDK

Post by BDK »

I've been a patient at the Mayo, as have many members of my family. I find that article very hard to believe. It just doesn't quite add up. "We talked to a lawyer, and then went and "rescued" our daughter?"

Legally, to get an adult to be made ward of a state, instead of a ward of the parents, is going to be VERY hard. MN might have different standards, but I've never heard of a legal system which will give preference to state care, than parental.
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

This smells VERY fucked up. And I have to ditto BDK on my own experiences with Mayo. Mind you, all of my stuff there has been handled outpatient... but still.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

No matter how fishy you may think it is, the basic facts are not in dispute. Even the various law enforcement agencies are backing the family. Also, do you think that board member just accidentally resigned and refused to back the clinic?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I have to agree with BDK and BobbyK. I just this week was an outpatient at Mayo Phoenix. There is a lot more to this story than has been reported. I expect that Mayo staff are culpable and that is why the board member resigned. Perhaps he was involved in the decision-making process.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona