So much for the King of Battle

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Precision

Re: So much for the King of Battle

Post by Precision »

randy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:57 pm Drop me a line when you start putting together the Intel/Commo support :mrgreen:

(Honestly not physically up for the shooter side anymore :cry: )
My point exactly. I would be, at best a second tier shooter. But if its my show, I get to be the badass in charge. I don't have to be the bad ass door kicker. :mrgreen:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

I volunteer to fly helos. Actually, I could do smaller fixed wing too, like Porter or Courier.

Now I'm (well....Mrs Termite too...) the owner of a Cessna 175.......
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Precision

Post by Precision »

I would guess cost for start up would be:
training costs - 3 months salary - $700k
equipment - small arms and small vehicles $400k
Not sure about Helo support but a couple of fixed wing transports $200k
so for less than $4.5 million you could run your first year including total salaries, pre commission

Now to get the letter of Marqui or equivalent
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Termite wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 am Now I'm (well....Mrs Termite too...) the owner of a Cessna 175.......
How are you liking that GO-300 so far?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:13 pm How are you liking that GO-300 so far?
Good power(175 hp), and being a 6cyl, it's smoother than a O-320 or O-360. The higher RPMs don't bother me, I first learned to fly in a TH-55(Hughes 269), and normal cruise RPMs are 2700, 2900 for T/O and Landing, and 3100 redline for the TH-55.

The C-175/GO-300 POH calls for 2900-3100 rpms for cruise, 3200 redline. The only real limitation is you can't climb out at Vx or Vy for extended periods of time. The engine makes a good bit more heat than the O-300, and needs 90-95 mph on extended climb to keep the head temp under redline.

The previous owner(or the one before him) installed a climb prop, I'm giving up 10-15 mph in cruise. I cruise 120-122 mph @ 2900. But I can come out of a 3200' grass strip with a full bag of gas and 650 lbs of people on board, and not sweat it.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."