China, the left hand, right hand, & other.

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

China, the left hand, right hand, & other.

Post by toad »

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/china/a ... 60609.aspx

This and the crap I sort through on Zero hedge is what gets my underwear sucked tight.
D5CAV

Re: China, the left hand, right hand, & other.

Post by D5CAV »

China, The Strategy Page and Zero Hedge?

Wow! Covering enough big topics?

I'm not sure if "The War Room" is the right place for this; this seems more economics than war, but war is usually tied in some way to economics. As they say, "Follow the money".

I agree with the Strategy Page analysis. China has way too many problems to get mixed up with a war. If they do get into a war, it will likely be with India.

Kyle Bass has extended his "widowmaker bet" on Japan to China, for pretty much the same reason - the banking systems of both countries are toast, and are only kept alive by massive money printing by the CCB and JCB, respectively. However, as Michael Burry found out in "The Big Short" being right only counts if you have the money and fortitude to stay with your bet while all the world's central bankers play "extend and pretend" to flush you out.

If you read Zero Hedge, I'm sure you see presentations by Mike Maloney, Harry Dent and Peter Schiff. Their debates are amusing and can be summed up by Robert Frost's poem:
Some say the world will end in fire and some say ice.
From what I've tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire,
But if I had to perish twice, Ice is also nice and will suffice.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe