The M2 flame thrower

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
JustinR

Re: The M2 flame thrower

Post by JustinR »

Well...they ARE flaming.

Aesop still needs to go sit in the corner and think about what he's done after posting that. Where did I put that mind napalm...
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jericho941 wrote:...why do you have that?
He's looking for a few good men.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Fun fact: flame throwers are completely unregulated, AF least on a federal level.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Aesop wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:
Aesop wrote:It's criminal that a bunch of non-combat jackasses and multi-star pussies have relegated hella-effective weapons like Claymores, Bouncing Betties, Toe Poppers, and M2 flamethrowers to the scrap heap, but that combat troops have to wear reflective belts to go jogging. I'm surprised they haven't added a module to the M-4 that lets anyone forward of the muzzle know that a loud device is about to employed, and to please cover their ears, just before firing ignition, and make BUD/S trainees wear arm floaties before pool training. If anyone is still active, do they still do (sanitized for your protection) jody calls when running, or do TPTB just hold a formation group hug afterwards, and award participation trophies? Buncha fucking pussies...
Tun Tavern, November 10, 1775, as the second man marks his X on the dotted line, the first one to have done so looks at him and says, "It ain't like it was in the Old Corps." :twisted:
Sorry, but things have gone a few astronomical units beyond simple "Old Cords, New Corps" bullshit:
True, but any excuse to dust off that joke will be used. (Even if it results in me needing a dustoff...)
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Jericho941 wrote:...why do you have that?
Rethink your premise: the internet has that.
It's a wonder it isn't next year's Army recruiting poster.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Re: The US Army adopts the Charlie G

Post by toad »

Just read that the regular Army is adopting the Charles Gustave 84 mm recoilless rifle. There are a very broad selection of rounds for it. I wonder if they have a white phosphorous round :?:
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Aesop wrote:Sorry, but things have gone a few astronomical units beyond simple "Old Cords, New Corps" bullshit:
This was pretty much the way an old Stargate campaign went... a bunch of Army officers making out, while my PJ and a Navy Seabee (the only two enlisted men, played by the only two veterans in the group) actually went and did important stuff dealing with alien threats to Earth.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds