US military now on rescue efforts in Japan

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

US military now on rescue efforts in Japan

Post by toad »

The Marines especially are on the lead to evacuate people from the Kyushu area affected by the ongoing quakes, mudslides and stuff. They' have their tilt rotors humping in and out. I expect this is going to do US and JSDF readiness no particular good.
If you send money be careful who you give it too. I don't trust the American Red Cross at all.

On that happy note, Yellow Fever is coming back. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy for US troops stationed in heavy mosquito regions. That shit has a high fatality rate.
First Shirt

Re: US military now on rescue efforts in Japan

Post by First Shirt »

I haven't donated to the Red Cross in years. It's either Salvation Army, Soldier's Angels, or LifeSouth (for blood donations).

Sure would be nice if we had some sort of chemical pesticide that would kill mosquitoes.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
BDK

Post by BDK »

Yellow fever vaccine isn't the nicest stuff, but it does exist.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

You know things have gotten bad when the Japanese let Americans do search and rescue. Flight 123, anyone?