45 minute warning given before attack.

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
toad

45 minute warning given before attack.

Post by toad »

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/2 ... te-warning

Someone is trying to get our pilots killed. Need to kill the Obama appointed leaders before they get us all scrooged.
It looks like to me they are trying to induce casualties so they will have an excuse to quit. Though given the level of incompetence displayed so far it is hard to tell?
Aesop

Re: 45 minute warning given before attack.

Post by Aesop »

That meets the UCMJ elements for prosecution for treason under Article 106a.
The punishment for which is death.
"So tell us, General Fuckstick, did you commit the specified offense under someone else's direct orders, and if so, who were your co-conspirators? Or were you acting entirely on your own when you betrayed American armed forces to the enemy in the prosecution of an armed conflict?
One such congressional open hearing is a game-changer, and opens the door to mass prosecutions, or an impeachment trial for the civilian chain of command, followed by federal prosecution.
Nota bene that merely being commander-in-chief does not enable one to avail themselves of the imaginary fuhrer's princip as a viable defense under the applicable US Code (18 USC 2381). In fact, stating that the CinC made the decision to do so would essentially be a full admission of guilt, mandating immediate removal from office, and either death, or 5 years in the federal pen with a bonus kick of a minimum $10,000 fine (and a maximum of whatever the federal code will allow).

The attempt to weasel out from under will make a swell tap dance on national TV though.

And one suspects the number of generals and admirals willing to swing on Hopey Dopey's behalf will number a sum total of between none and zero.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
randy

Post by randy »

If you just have to give a warning, the way to do it would be like they did it during DS: Drop a Daisy Cutter on a division. Simultaneously drop leaflets on surrounding units advising that one of them will be next. Don't specify when or who.

I would like to think that this was part of a SEAD operation, with Gun Pigs and Wild Weasels orbiting the area looking for signs of MANPAD or AAA deployment to be hit while being set up, but that's probably way too much like actual strategy and tactics for this administration to sign off on.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Didn't we drop leaflets on Hiroshima and Nagasaki before we introduced them to the atomic age?

Just asking, I'm not sure of the historical precedent.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
randy

Post by randy »

PawPaw wrote:Didn't we drop leaflets on Hiroshima and Nagasaki before we introduced them to the atomic age?

IIRC yes, but I think they were dropped over several potential target cities, days at least, prior to the actual strikes.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

randy wrote:
PawPaw wrote:Didn't we drop leaflets on Hiroshima and Nagasaki before we introduced them to the atomic age?

IIRC yes, but I think they were dropped over several potential target cities, days at least, prior to the actual strikes.
Yep. This was the follow-up.
TO THE JAPANESE PEOPLE:
America asks that you take immediate heed of what we say on this leaflet.

We are in possession of the most destructive explosive ever devised by man. A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s can carry on a single mission. This awful fact is one for you to ponder and we solemnly assure you it is grimly accurate.

We have just begun to use this weapon against your homeland. If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city.

Before using this bomb to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, we ask that you now petition the Emperor to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better and peace-loving Japan.

You should take steps now to cease military resistance. Otherwise, we shall resolutely employ this bomb and all our other superior weapons to promptly and forcefully end the war.

EVACUATE YOUR CITIES.
ATTENTION JAPANESE PEOPLE. EVACUATE YOUR CITIES.
Because your military leaders have rejected the thirteen part surrender declaration, two momentous events have occurred in the last few days.

The Soviet Union, because of this rejection on the part of the military has notified your Ambassador Sato that it has declared war on your nation. Thus, all powerful countries of the world are now at war with you.

Also, because of your leaders' refusal to accept the surrender declaration that would enable Japan to honorably end this useless war, we have employed our atomic bomb.

A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s could have carried on a single mission. Radio Tokyo has told you that with the first use of this weapon of total destruction, Hiroshima was virtually destroyed.

Before we use this bomb again and again to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, petition the emperor now to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better, and peace-loving Japan.

Act at once or we shall resolutely employ this bomb and all our other superior weapons to promptly and forcefully end the war.

EVACUATE YOUR CITIES.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but I prefer my warnings come after the attacks on fuel convoys.

"In the next 45 minutes we will be attacking your fuel convoy in the al-Anbar region... what? Five minutes ago? Ooops! Our bad, ISIS!"
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
randy

Post by randy »

Well, there's always the warning given in Starship Troopers:
I am a 30 second bomb. I am a 30 second bomb. 29, 28..
Jered

Post by Jered »

Fuel trucks are remarkably hard to hide. If you have eyes on them the whole time, it shouldn't be to hard to deal with them. :twisted:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Jered wrote:Fuel trucks are remarkably hard to hide. If you have eyes on them the whole time, it shouldn't be to hard to deal with them. :twisted:
IIRC, they also look a lot like SCUD missile launchers, at least when seen through late 80's era NVG technology. Sucked to be a fuel truck driver in Northern Iraq during the Great Scud Hut.