Former Ranger And Professor Gives Take On Female Rangers

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
skb12172

Former Ranger And Professor Gives Take On Female Rangers

Post by skb12172 »

After the highlights, scroll down for the article.
Link
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Re: Former Ranger And Professor Gives Take On Female Rangers

Post by PawPaw »

The Army, with the graduation of the two females from Ranger School, just lost every rationale for keeping the gender-specific PT standards. Two women have proved that they can meet the standards of the second-toughest military training program in the US Army. (I still hold that the Special Forces course is more rigorous.)

My congratulations, of course to the graduates. The Ranger tab is a coveted qualification and all the graduates should celebrate that achievement. I'm certain that the cadre made sure that they met standards, even if they were recycled, and for them the course lasted twice as long as the basic course.

But, the Army has lost all pretense that there should be separate physical fitness standards for the genders.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

They might just borrow the Air Force's. "It has nothing to do with physical capability and everything to do with health!"
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

The real issue here is that after scouring the entire female army officer corps they were able to find a grand total of two women willing and able to complete the course. Of the original 18 females the two graduating makes for a whopping 11% pass rate for females. This is of course discounting the over one hundred that started the special pre Ranger course that had been set up for them and failed that. If you include those numbers it looks like females have about a one percent pass rate. My understanding is that with recycles there is about a 50% pass rate for males. It will be interesting to see where the army [strike]chooses[/strike] is forced by the political class to go from here given that females technically can get through the school, but only with extremely high failure rates.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

The entire thing was a politically orchestrated PR move by somebody waaaay up the chain, and almost certainly not in uniform.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Kommander wrote:The real issue here is that after scouring the entire female army officer corps they were able to find a grand total of two women willing and able to complete the course. Of the original 18 females the two graduating makes for a whopping 11% pass rate for females.
It's supposed to be hard, yeah? A 10-12% pass rate is considered normal for men in, say, BUD/S, but the moment you get the same out of a trickle of women in any Special(tm) program, suddenly that's awful?

My biggest frustration with this debate is that nobody is taking it seriously. The antis are clinging to any flimsy excuse to write the whole concept off, and the pro side is ignoring all evidence that maybe there is more at play than simply shoving women in the same box that men are shoved into.
This is of course discounting the over one hundred that started the special pre Ranger course that had been set up for them and failed that. If you include those numbers it looks like females have about a one percent pass rate. My understanding is that with recycles there is about a 50% pass rate for males. It will be interesting to see where the army [strike]chooses[/strike] is forced by the political class to go from here given that females technically can get through the school, but only with extremely high failure rates.
There was an interesting commentary awhile back that I wish I could find the link to, but it was basically like this:

Ranger school builds off of an infantry foundation. It's not a brand new skillset, it's an advanced skillset of an existing one. All female candidates going into it go into it cold, because there aren't any female infantry units. You'll find similar problems with male candidates from other jobs and branches with an abysmal pass rate in the program.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

HTRN wrote:The entire thing was a politically orchestrated PR move by somebody waaaay up the chain, and almost certainly not in uniform.
^^ This ^^

If you think either of the two women actually "passed" under unadulterated standards, I have a bridge to sell you.
It was made known quite clearly to the chain of command that Himself, President Hopey Dopey, would be attending the graduation of the two successful female Ranger candidates.
Before they'd completed second or third phase. :roll:

If they'd tried that at Marine Corps IOC, the only way they'd have found a female who could pass would be to draft Caitlyn Jenner and call him a her.

DoArmy, knowing whose ass to kiss to get their bread buttered, elected to put their thumb on the scale big and early, and lo and behold, found two recycles who could magically pass their second and third phases without a hitch after bollocksing up first phase. Swear to God. And my ass squirts Hershey's kisses and my farts smell like Chanel No. 5.

Linky

But if someone wants to press the Army to drop female PT standards, and require all soldiers from 0-10 down to E-1 to meet the current male standards, period, go ahead on.
If they were to do that, they will board out the last woman from the Army before the end of this calendar year, including the two affirmative-action Rangerettes gifted with their Combat Barbie rockers by the Ranger School, and it will be an entirely male organization in perpetuity. :lol:
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aesop wrote:If they'd tried that at Marine Corps IOC, the only way they'd have found a female who could pass would be to draft Caitlyn Jenner and call him a her.
If the white house had decided that they wanted a coupla female force recon, it would have happened. Everybody ultimately answers to 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/che ... book-post/

This comes to mind....

Politically motivated though it may be, I do trust the integrity of ranger cadre.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

HTRN wrote:
Aesop wrote:If they'd tried that at Marine Corps IOC, the only way they'd have found a female who could pass would be to draft Caitlyn Jenner and call him a her.
If the white house had decided that they wanted a coupla female force recon, it would have happened. Everybody ultimately answers to 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.
And yet, despite that assertion, the female pass rate for IOC stands at a perpetual 0%. 0 for 29, last I checked, every woman officer attending in the three years of the experiment.
The course lasts 86 days, and not a single female officer made it as far as Day 15.
And this is ordinary Marine Officer training for the infantry, something every infantry officer has to pass, not some high speed-low drag Ranger Bn shit.
(Things that make you go "hmmmm...")

I think the reality is that the Army was simply found far more pliable to directions to stroke their process in order to achieve the desired outcome, and then lie about it before and afterwards. That, or the Captain America serum is real, and they injected the two amazons, and they're now bulletproof too.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"