Hey First Shirt: 848 had a Boo-Boo

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
randy

Re: Hey First Shirt: 848 had a Boo-Boo

Post by randy »

First Shirt wrote:And I still think there are better collection platforms, that are cheaper to operate. But the zipper-suited sun gods won't ever give up the manned platform.
Actually, I'm looking for the U-2s to be replaced first by something like an upgraded Global Hawk.

USAF is looking at replacing the E-8 (JSTARS) with a "business type jet" (in Pentagon speak that's a 737 type (think P-8 Poseidon), not Lear jet). So that might be a peek into what they are considering for the RJ fleet when it's time.

I personally like the idea of retaining some platform with onboard analytical capability against the day when we go up against someone that can take out the satellite based high bandwidth data links and operations are out of line of site of a ground control station.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
SoupOrMan

Re: Hey First Shirt: 848 had a Boo-Boo

Post by SoupOrMan »

I read through the article. Sheesh, my dad may have flown on that bird some time between 1968 and 1971...
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds