Serbs asked to turn in grenades

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
PawPaw

Serbs asked to turn in grenades

Post by PawPaw »

The Serbian interior ministry has asked Serbs to turn in spare hand grenades rather than throw them in the trash.
"The interior ministry of Serbia appeals to all citizens who have hand grenades and other explosive devices not to dispose of them in garbage containers and other places," the interior ministry said in a statement on its website. "Instead, they should only call the nearest police station and officers will come as soon as possible to safely take them away," the statement said, adding that they would not face charges.
It seems that they're trying to clean up a little bit after the unpleasantness of the 1990s and there's a problem with people throwin away spare hand grenades.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
skb12172

Re: Serbs asked to turn in grenades

Post by skb12172 »

Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good grenade? This needs to be a SNL skit, btw...
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I was amazed that there are "spare" hand grenades. If I had any, they wouldn't be spares. They'd be in stock.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
randy

Post by randy »

There are only 2 times where you can have too many hand grenades: When you are swimming or when you are on fire.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Any issues with stability as they age?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

skb12172 wrote:Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good grenade? This needs to be a SNL skit, btw...
I've heard about the of hoarding .22's. This would be my next level. Spare? no shit......
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Precision

Post by Precision »

PawPaw wrote:I was amazed that there are "spare" hand grenades. If I had any, they wouldn't be spares. They'd be in stock.
a yeah. so long as the pin is in. Mr hand grenade is my friend. He and a ton of his friends can hang out over here, just in case.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Netpackrat wrote:Any issues with stability as they age?
I wouldn't think so. I used a CS grenade once from 1962 that fired just fine.
Denis

Post by Denis »

If I really needed to "dispose" of a grenade, I can think of much more interesting ways than dropping it in a rubbish bin.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!