SAND

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Candyman

SAND

Post by Candyman »

A few weeks ago as I was walking from my car to the office, something happened. I don't know what triggered it, a smell, a sound or the storm clouds in the sky. It only lasted a few seconed but left the feeling of pain deep within. I then went to my desk and wrote this.

Sand
As I walked, the sidewalk faded to sand, I could feel it crushing beneath the soles of my boots like so many years ago.
Then the smells and sounds of hill 13/69 came rushing back.
I could see the tents, the men, the smoke rising from the sand in the distance staining the sky, and I could hear the noises and smell the things that haunt my dreams.
I looked down and could see my boots on the sidewalk, the sand was gone along with the smells and sounds, but was I home? Would I ever really be home?
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.