The Army under Obama

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
308Mike

The Army under Obama

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
The Army under Obama

How Obama will move forward on his plans for Iraq, military pay and the defense budget
By Rick Maze - Staff writer
Posted : Sunday Nov 16, 2008 9:51:04 EST

President-elect Barack Obama, who has said he knows he must earn the military’s respect, now faces delivering on some of his promises, especially ending the war in Iraq without leaving chaos behind and restoring stability to the lives of troops and their families.

Some early signs will come when the Obama administration draws up its first defense budget, expected to be delivered to Congress within three months of his January inauguration.

During his campaign, the senator from Illinois pledged to have a “people first” national security plan, including military pay raises that restore parity with the private sector, more time between deployments for active and reserve forces, and increased focus on family and health care matters.

Some of those details will be fleshed out in the budget. For example:

• Obama promised “pay parity” for service members without really defining what that means.

More of this story..............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
clyde621

Re: The Army under Obama

Post by clyde621 »

We will be finding out alot of what his meaning mean...I mean....uhhhh I uhhhh wellll uhhh.
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.
Theodore Roosevelt
Rod

Post by Rod »

Just heard on Fox News that Bush has an agreement that all troops will be out of Iraq by 2011. Bet that frosted the hell out of Obama.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

Rod wrote:Just heard on Fox News that Bush has an agreement that all troops will be out of Iraq by 2011. Bet that frosted the hell out of Obama.
Yup. Obama won't be able to take the credit.
The Quiet Man

Post by The Quiet Man »

Ben Rumson wrote:
Rod wrote:Just heard on Fox News that Bush has an agreement that all troops will be out of Iraq by 2011. Bet that frosted the hell out of Obama.
Yup. Obama won't be able to take the credit.
Oh ye of little faith! Of course he will be able to take credit! He will step up the time table to 2010 (just in time for the mid-terms don't ya know)...that is if the far left will allow him to wait that long. Remember, he began his whole campaign as the man who was going to stop the war and bring our troops home. Besides, I'm sure the MSM are already spinning it as an Obama victory...forcing Bush to make plans ahead of schedule so he can save face ...that sort of thing.

Of course, as far as I'm concerned, as soon as our glorious (new) leader brings our troops home they should never EVER be deployed again...for any reason...especially by a democrat president. After the way all the democrats acted over the last 7 years they should never be allowed to let slip our dogs of war again regardless of the reason or mission. Genocide? As long as it isn't going on here then we sit it out...let Europe pick up the slack for once. Maniacal dictator threatening the region? Too bad, so sad...we have schools to over fund here at home and bridges to repair that the evil George Bush let deteriorate while conducting his cowboy foriegn diplomacy. Again, let Europe have a go at the problem if they care so much...we're busy. Just my opinion.