Gift for valentine's day

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Greg

Re: Gift for valentine's day

Post by Greg »

Cybrludite wrote:Ah, yes. Singles Awareness Day, aka Drink Myself Into Oblivion Day. :evil:
I once got stood up on Valentine's Day. Spent an hour standing outside waiting, while holding a dozen roses. And it started snowing while I was waiting, being stood up.

It really was for the best though. That girl was poison, nice of her to give me such an obvious sign. MUCH better to be single than to be with the wrong girl.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Well, crap. My calendar tells me that Valentine's Day is on a Friday this year, which means I'll have to DO SOMETHING. Normally, when it's on a work-day, I"ll send a dozen roses to her clinic, and she has bragging rights. Bragging rights are very important to the distaff. However, she doesn't work on Friday, so I'm screwed. I'll have to come up with something else.

I once bought a chainsaw for Valentine's Day. I knew the gal completely, and I knew she needed a chainsaw. It worked out well, and I was amply rewarded for my gift.

I also once bought a dump truck load of wet manure, and had it delivered to my soon-to-be-ex-wife's abode. The dump operator and I dumped the load of squishy, wet, manure, onto her boyfriend's pickup truck and drove away.

Ahh, Valentine's Day. I'll have to start doing my homework.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

Yogimus wrote:3. If I play my cards right, will I be getting oral sex?
You have to really WORK for that? I must be luckier than I thought! :lol:

Of course it helps if you readily, enthusiastically, and regularly reciprocate....
Precision

Post by Precision »

Yogimus wrote: 3. If I play my cards right, will I be getting oral sex?

If I'm going through a ton of work for a silly present for a silly holiday. I am not aiming for her mouth. Just sayin.

My situation is a bit different than most.
My wife dumped me on Feb 08 and married husband 2 on Feb 14. I (for sure) found out 8-10 weeks later. She married the guy (me) who stayed by her side at EVERY point of her breast cancer journey in Mid July about a 18 months after she divorced the Valentine's day husband (who threw her out and emptied her bank account when he found out she had cancer).

Yeah, I have a COMPLETE pass on Valentine's day when ever I don't wanna play. And yes, I have told her exactly that. I just smile when women ask me what I am getting my wife for Valentine's day. If the continue to press, I just smile again and say it is already taken care of.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Damn. The closest hockey games on Valentine's Day are in Bloomington and Peoria.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

I haven't had to worry about Valentines day since I got married. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my anniversary is six days later, and I told the wife upfront to pick one and discard the other.

Last Valentines I spent big money was the day after my divorce with the ex wife was finalized. I bought a Henry .22 rifle and a Taurus .357 snubbie. :D
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Precision

Post by Precision »

Lokidude wrote:I haven't had to worry about Valentines day since I got married. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my anniversary is six days later, and I told the wife upfront to pick one and discard the other.

Last Valentines I spent big money was the day after my divorce with the ex wife was finalized. I bought a Henry .22 rifle and a Taurus .357 snubbie. :D
And all three things were money well spent it sounds. :lol:
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Precision wrote:
Yogimus wrote: 3. If I play my cards right, will I be getting oral sex?

If I'm going through a ton of work for a silly present for a silly holiday. I am not aiming for her mouth. Just sayin.

My situation is a bit different than most.
My wife dumped me on Feb 08 and married husband 2 on Feb 14. I (for sure) found out 8-10 weeks later. She married the guy (me) who stayed by her side at EVERY point of her breast cancer journey in Mid July about a 18 months after she divorced the Valentine's day husband (who threw her out and emptied her bank account when he found out she had cancer).

Yeah, I have a COMPLETE pass on Valentine's day when ever I don't wanna play. And yes, I have told her exactly that. I just smile when women ask me what I am getting my wife for Valentine's day. If the continue to press, I just smile again and say it is already taken care of.
Ah, yes, we've discussed this before. I'll just say God Bless You and admit that you are a better man than I, then just leave it alone. :)
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Lokidude wrote:I haven't had to worry about Valentines day since I got married. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my anniversary is six days later, and I told the wife upfront to pick one and discard the other.

I got one of those snubbies for my 21st birthday. A bit cumbersome for CCW carry, but ideal for a bedside/glovebox handgun.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I'm DAMNED lucky and KNOW IT!! My wife thinks Valentine's Day is dumb - especially since she gets it all year long (it's a personal relationship thing)!!!

When we have the money, I buy her any firearms she desires, and she doesn't complain when I buy ammo for the guns we already have!!! She doesn't like me spending money on something that's going to die within a week - SO, she'd much rather have me spend the money on ammo (something that'll get used) or something useful!!

After all, one year, she asked for (and I bought her) a 10" Compound Miter Saw - which gets used on a regular basis (although it might be a 12", I'm not sure since my brother is borrowing it right now and I can't check it out - but I know it also contains a laser attached tot he blade chuck to show how close the line is to the cut - even though it's off by a significant amount [in MY opinion, after working with aerospace tolerances and NOT home framing CRAP]).

REGARDING Yogi's post; What makes her happy??? AND WHAT does SHE want????

If you're unlucky, you'll NEVER be able to figure those out, and you'll have my sympathies. If you're LUCKY, she'll tell you EXACTLY what she wants, and hopefully it will NOT be something expensive or materialistic (it will at least be useable and have a function other than be nice to LOOK at and shiny!!!). At least she will know what she wants - and I say LUCKY because so many women have NO IDEA what they actually want, and they wonder why it drives men CRAZY!!! At least you'll ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT SHE WANTS (besides being treated like royalty and the all-mighty, and being SHOWERED with money, riches, and jewels)!!!!

I'm damned grateful to have a wife who KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS that riches are NOT the path to happiness!! And I PRAISE GOD for having her love me for the man I am (as I love her - unconditionally)!!!

YMMV!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad