A suspicious story

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
Greg

Re: A suspicious story

Post by Greg »

If it seems fishy, doesn't seem right, seems off, etc etc etc, why on earth are you offering donations? Especially in your circumstances.

When something doesn't seem right, leave it the hell alone. Not everything is your business, some things you simply will never have the resources to figure out, life is short, sanity is scarce and money doesn't grow on trees.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

If the story is true, it felt like the right thing to do. I'd still require more information and confirmation before actually donating anything.
Greg

Post by Greg »

JKosprey wrote:If the story is true, it felt like the right thing to do. I'd still require more information and confirmation before actually donating anything.
'Smells fishy' is your instincts telling you to stay away.

Listen to them.

As I said before, your life is too short, your resources too limited, to pour your time and attention down a hole trying to 'figure this out'. Why? You already, I am absolutely certain, have sufficient, entirely non-fishy avenues (starting at home, always, then known good causes etc) for expending your available resources.

Sanity check time. IMO, of course. I tend to be fairly generous, even charitable by nature. And almost painfully empathetic, under the hard shell. So I do understand. But you (again IMO) *need* to be able to draw clear 'not my problem' lines around yourself in order to stay sane and solvent, and letting your skepticism be your guide there is only natural. Inevitable, even.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Were any of them code-named "Agent Orange"? 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"