Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

A place to talk about all things military, paramilitary, tactical, strategic, and logistical.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni to insanity. If he wants a UNISEX look, he ALREADY HAS ONE with their CURRENT UNIFORM, there's NO GOOD REASON to change their current uniform and FORCE them to spend MILLIONS when they don't have enough money in the budget to buy bullets for training!!!!! Read on for MORE of his ASSHOLINESS:
Published October 24, 2013
FoxNews.com

Shown here are the old Marine hats, left, compared to the new ones, right.New York Post

A change to the Marine Corps' uniform hats could leave hard-nosed Leathernecks looking a lot less macho.

According to the New York Post, President Obama's plan to create a "unisex" look for the Corps has officials on the verge of swapping out the Marines' iconic caps with a new hat that some have derided as so "girly" that they would make the French blush.

"We don't even have enough funding to buy bullets, and the DoD is pushing to spend $8 million on covers that look like women's hats!" one senior Marine source fumed to The Post. "The Marines deserve better. It makes them look ridiculous."

The thin new hats have a feminine line that some officials think would make them look just as good on female marines as on males - in keeping with the Obama directive.

They have been dubbed the "Dan Daly" hat, after a sergeant from Long Island who won the Medal of Honor in World War I.

But some Marines love the old hat, which has been in use since 1922 and think the new hat is a glorified "porter's cap."

This is not the first hat controversy for the military. During his tenure as Army chief of staff, Eric Shinseki, who is the current Veterans Affairs secretary, implemented the wearing of a black beret for all Army personnel. Prior to that policy, only U.S. Army Rangers could wear the black beret. After Shinseki's directive, Rangers moved to a tan beret.

Click for more from The New York Post.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jericho941

Re: Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

Post by Jericho941 »

I don't think there's ever been a service dress hat that didn't look completely ridiculous.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have to agree with Jericho... All of the pictured hats look equally gay.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Jericho941 wrote:I don't think there's ever been a service dress hat that didn't look completely ridiculous.
I disagree.

The dress Stetson as worn by Armor/Cav branch is pretty manly, if a little too "cowboy-ish"..
Stetson.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

Alright, here's an update:

Link

Now granted, if you expect me to believe that this is all just a big misunderstanding, I've got a bridge to sell you. Supposedly the Commandant's wife had lots of information about "the new male cover" posted on her facebook page, which was then deleted. It's even more curious, because there's a uniform board survey on my desk that is all about "the new unisex cover." (And cornrows may be allowed for females, but they call them "microbraids")

I also commented on it in my Big Changes thread. I suspect that the backlash was so bad that they are trying to do damage control.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Backlash???

If never-served Illegal Alien In Chief Hopey Dopey deigns to F*CK with the USMC Dress uniform, he's about to get the mother of all asswhuppings.

But at least he arguably has more expertise as a fashion designer than a president.
Jericho941 wrote:I don't think there's ever been a service dress hat that didn't look completely ridiculous.
Speak for your own service.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

used to be everything about a sailor's uniform, including the cover, had actual functionality or strong ties to a historical utility.. From the bell bottoms, to the middie flap, to the inside out creases, to the dixie cup.

Now, not [strike]so much[/strike] hardly at all.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Aesop wrote:
Speak for your own service.
The AF wasn't exempt from my comment. A comment about aesthetics. Chillax, homes.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Gotta agree with Jericho here. The service dress covers look like you should be driving a bus or selling ice cream.

(Disclaimer: This is coming from someone whose retirement ceremony uniform was BDUs. Figured nobody would recognize me otherwise.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
randy

Post by randy »

The only good thing about the AF wheel cap is that it made a better rain cover than the flight cap.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".