UC Berkeley plans to remove tree-sitters

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Bill Heinbach

Re: UC Berkeley plans to remove tree-sitters

Post by Bill Heinbach »

:lol: Berkeley! How's that saying go ... as ye sow, so shall ye reap? Anyway, it was probably just students doing a class exercise. Publicity and Protesting 101.

A sports stadium? I didn't know UCB was into such things as outdoor exercise (Kumbaya rallies and picket lines aren't exercise). So if they have a sports team they need a name - since Trojans is already taken, how about the UCB Astrogliders?
Formerly known as TheOtherBill
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Bill Heinbach wrote::lol: Berkeley! How's that saying go ... as ye sow, so shall ye reap? Anyway, it was probably just students doing a class exercise. Publicity and Protesting 101.
Students weren't, by and large, part of the protest. The tree sitters were exclusively non-students.
A sports stadium? I didn't know UCB was into such things as outdoor exercise (Kumbaya rallies and picket lines aren't exercise). So if they have a sports team they need a name - since Trojans is already taken, how about the UCB Astrogliders?
Are you kidding? CAL BEAR fans are rabid. And serious UCB students don't have time for stupid tree sitting antics.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Bill Heinbach

Post by Bill Heinbach »

Hmmmm, I had no idea there were real students there - you can tell I'm from far far away - all the publicity about it is of the "How Berkeley Are You" type. I do know they were big in CSC 20 years ago, haven't heard anything since.

Apologies to the serious students/grads of the area.
Formerly known as TheOtherBill
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

FelixEstrella wrote: Are you kidding? CAL BEAR fans are rabid.
And today they were outrun by a -snork-turtle.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

morsetaper wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote: Are you kidding? CAL BEAR fans are rabid.
And today they were outrun by a -snork-turtle.
Terrapin, not turtle. ;-)
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

FelixEstrella wrote: Terrapin, not turtle. ;-)
Oh. They're sooo much faster. ;) Actually I was just poking my friends up in the "Confederacy's Northern Frontier" with a stick. :twisted: Well, okay, UC too.
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

This is Dumpster Muffin, a former tree sitter.
There's a resume-topper. A Buddhist monk just gave up a thirty-year vow of silence simply so he could laugh at her.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
esa5444

Post by esa5444 »

I think we are thinking too much in the box on the best way to remove them. They expect that we will do things like shoot, burn, or wash them. Nay, I suggest we let nature take care of this issue. Specifically, introduce a colony of bees to this tree. Let's see how the hippies like it when nature decides to kick them out.
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

The fun part would be if you placed several colonies in the tree below the prtesters and just walked off, no scaffolds or anything.

"Good luck guys! We'll remove the bees once you're on the ground."
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Joe ex PNG

Post by Joe ex PNG »

Yellowjackets would be better.