Oh, no. Not again.

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Kommander

Re: Oh, no. Not again.

Post by Kommander »

1911Man wrote:Kommander,

"Schoolbus" Nagin is being led this time. Kathleen Blank-stare is history and now a competent person is calling the shots. Jindal is doing this right.
Yea I got that impression. Still he is doing the right thing, though at the (figurative) point of a bayonet.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Kommander wrote:Still he is doing the right thing, though at the (figurative) point of a bayonet.
You say that like it is a bad thing. :P
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
1911Man

Post by 1911Man »

Well, evac is over for me. I'm back at work. Looks like a lot of drizzle and wind over here.

I hope you guys across the Sabine are doing well.
My ideas are mine. You go out and get your own!
Termite

Post by Termite »

I and the family are fine. Had 65-70 mph winds, gustes to 80. Lost power Monday night. Tuesday morning cranked up the generator. Kept my refrigerator and freezer going, as well as those of two neighbors. For about 4 hrs. CLECO had us up by 1300. Shut everything down, and put away. Had to do some cleanup of limbs and debris, but no house damage. But other places look like a stick of B-52s did an Arclight mission.

Going out early to the GOM to try to get the TLP online. See ya. Might be a few days before the commo systems(other than sat) are up.

Later,

Termite
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
morsetaper

Post by morsetaper »

Glad you got through it unscathed.