Where's Vlad?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Cybrludite

Where's Vlad?

Post by Cybrludite »

Those who've been keeping up with the Georgia War on TV may be able to cure my paranoia on this subject: Has Putin made any public appearances since he got back from Beijing? Most all of the statements I've been seeing on the web have been from either their foreign minister or from President Medeved. (and that one general who was talking about putting Poland on his To Nuke list over their hosting part of our ABM system...) I haven't seen much in the way of recent statements from Pooty-Poot himself. I'm wondering if he's AWOL due to "health reasons" (aka a 9mm anyurism), or if he's just sitting back and letting these other guys take the fall if this little adventure goes badly for Russia?
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
BobbyK

Re: Where's Vlad?

Post by BobbyK »

I'm finding Vlad's conspicuous absence a little worrisome, myself.
cu74

Post by cu74 »

Cybrludite wrote:....... if he's just sitting back and letting these other guys take the fall if this little adventure goes badly for Russia?
I'd put my money on your last "guess". Vladimaniplator is a savvy, and dangerous, dude.
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

cu74 wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:....... if he's just sitting back and letting these other guys take the fall if this little adventure goes badly for Russia?
I'd put my money on your last "guess". Vladimaniplator is a savvy, and dangerous, dude.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Pooty poot is the new czar. He is letting his puppets do the talking.