Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
HTRN

Re: Has anyone else noticed gas prices slowly dropping?

Post by HTRN »

I just checked, that station dropped another nickel. I'm thinking it'll drop below $4/gal by labor day at this rate.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Termite

Post by Termite »

Gotta get that price down to $3.75 or less before the mid-terms, or the DNC is gonna take a shellacking
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

prices are dropping inspite of the concerted efforts of the DNC to force the "transition" they have admitted to pushing as a policy.

They are committed to creating pain to get people a) out of ICE vehicles, b) out of personal vehicles in general
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
g-man

Post by g-man »

HTRN wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:30 pm
g-man wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:56 pm Have you also observed the simultaneous drop-off in the number of cars on the road?
I hadn't, but traffic never really recovered since COVID started...
Here in CENTEX, things had been a lot more toward 'normal', at least until this near-hyper-inflationary nonsense kicked in. The situation wasn't yet back to Pre-COVID, but it was well enough on the way that I noticed fewer and fewer cars out and about since the current price hike. A lot of this is just the ongoing 'chickens coming home to roost' fallout from the early period of this administration where they rapidly un-did as much of what Trump had done, just because Orange Man Bad. And now the no pipeline, no drilling, no oil lease, etc. decisions are ganging up with the 'Just buy an electric car', and "It'll be okay to add MOAR ethanol to the fuel mix..." and totally screwing the little guy.

I'd imagine we're collectively hanging on by our fingernails because so many people were able to work out some of their schedule being remote during COVID...
Agent Smith wrote: Hear that Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

Here in southern Missouri, the price of regular is $3.14. It's been dropping a nickel at a time for weeks, I suspect that they are just backing up for a jump to six dollars. OVERTON WINDOW!
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Aaaaannnndddd it dropped another nickel to $4.20/gallon.

I miss 1998.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Saw $4.50 here near FOB Columbia County (PA). CINCHOME says about $4 in Northeast Ohio.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
evan price

Post by evan price »

We just did a 1500 mile round trip pulling the 32 foot travel trailer.
Gas was painful.
Now one month later its dropped by a dollar.
It's a game. Got to get prices down before the elections
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

evan price wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:48 am It's a game. Got to get prices down before the elections
NYS is on a gas tax holiday till the end of the year. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Governor Placeholder public opinion has been sinking since day one of her appointment to replace the granny killing groper, when she proved she's just as worthless as he was. Now that she faces a serious challenge in Zeldin, and is desperate for anything to boost her popularity.

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

evan price wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:48 am We just did a 1500 mile round trip pulling the 32 foot travel trailer.
Gas was painful.
Now one month later its dropped by a dollar.
It's a game. Got to get prices down before the elections
Gas tax games are games, but the market goes where it goes. There were a number of supply shocks (several Biden induced ones plus the war) price shoots up and slowly comes down as supply catches up and higher prices suppress demand.

There is a conspiracy, because the Left wants to jack up prices and keep them high, but that is a conspiracy in plane sight. The actual market is doing what markets do.