Three Gorges Dam "Deformed But Safe"

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
randy

Re: Three Gorges Dam "Deformed But Safe"

Post by randy »

slowpoke wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:34 pm This is the most dangerous the world has been in my life.
Not sure how old you are, but as someone that spent most of the 80's on SAC bases or similar High Value Targets, I have a slightly different perspective. ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
BDK

Post by BDK »

I think we are seeing something similar, though. The Soviets, really, didn’t have the money to buy as much influence as the ChiComs do - and they never sent hundreds of thousands of enemy agents per year to us. (Han exchange students are usually die hard party members, IME. I met one who was a decent human being - and she got “recalled.”)

China’s manufacturing base was already getting old. Beijing NEEDS Trump to lose. He’s getting both parties to, at least, talk about the IP theft, etc.

I can’t think of the proper term, but I think Beijing has a very fragile grip on stability, and reality. I had some Han “master race” lunatic go off once about Chinese superiority, etc, back at A&M.

As an individual, he was weak, stupid, slow, and unsuccessful- so, like most racists. I couldn’t understand how he thought he was superior to anyone else in the room.

I THINK all of Beijing might be like that. They have a need to be a master race, and, since they can’t prove it in their own, they’d be fine with wrecking the world, provided they were wrecked least.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

How can communists/atheists have a mandate from heaven?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm How can communists/atheists have a mandate from heaven?
Chinese history demonstrates more or less the devil himself could get the mandate of heaven if he maintained stability and order. Which in China is no small task, and terrible terrible things happen when stability and order break down as it does periodically.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr