St Louis Police Confiscate Guns From Couple Defending Home From Mob

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
SoupOrMan

Re: St Louis Police Confiscate Guns From Couple Defending Home From Mob

Post by SoupOrMan »

They weren't merely NeverTrumpers, they were dyed in the wool Democrats. They still may be, I don't know.
D5CAV wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:40 am There is some speculation that the McCloskey law firm is involved in the lawsuit against Jimenez firearms, which is why Mrs. McCloskey was brandishing a "courtroom prop" inoperative Jimenez in the standoff.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politic ... 13948.html

I'm guessing that they are "never Trumpers" who are happy to sue small gun manufacturers into bankruptcy.

I'm wondering how this experience may change their outlook on Constitutional rights and politics.

As Benjamin Franklin said, "Experience is an expensive teacher, but some learn no other way."

Then again, some liberals are so stupid they will go to their grave defending their beliefs.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Aaaand, they're charged:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-patri ... s-protest/

Kim Gardner is the worst. I can't think how an impartial jury would convict for this. Good thing ol' Kim's conviction rate is low.

I guess the left enjoys the taste of its own.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Conviction not required, the process is the punishment.
And this is meant to be a lesson to others to just bend over and take it, cause defending yourself will not be tolerated.

Of course the push back to that obvious malicious misuse of gov't power is likely to be unpleasant. I was just explaining the 3 'S'es to my wife the other day, she'd never heard of them.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

The fact that those two are idiots does not mean they should be prosecuted by a headline whore:
But to issue the charges, prosecutors must prove the guns were capable of lethal force–but they weren’t. Last week the McCloskeys former attorney Al Watkins said he turned over the pistol that Patricia McCloskey pointed at the mob because she worried about her personal safety. Watkins noted that the handgun he gave to the police wasn’t really kept for self-protection. It wasn’t a working gun. It was only used as an exhibit in the McCloskeys’ own law practice for a lawsuit against the handgun manufacturer.

During the incident with the mob, Mark McCloskey had the safety of the semi-automatic rifle engaged and did not finger the trigger. Per KSDK, A source familiar with the investigation told them that police did not find any ammunition at the McCloskey’s home, and the rifle was not loaded when they seized it. So neither firearm was capable of lethal force.
More proof that these two are typical leftists that look upon firearms as magic talismans and not tools you need to learn to use properly.

Of course there are plenty of tools in this story to go around....

H/T to Instapundit
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:14 pmAaaand, they're charged:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mark-patri ... s-protest/
Called it. :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:49 pm Conviction not required, the process is the punishment.
And this is meant to be a lesson to others to just bend over and take it, cause defending yourself will not be tolerated.

Of course the push back to that obvious malicious misuse of gov't power is likely to be unpleasant. I was just explaining the 3 'S'es to my wife the other day, she'd never heard of them.
They are lawyers who have gotten rich suing the .gov. I imaginethey will know how to turn this to their benefit.

That said, castle doctrine and stand your ground laws were put on the books to prevent crime victims from being charged by left wing DAs for exercising their right to defend themselves. The prosecutor is basically showing they might need to be expanded further.
randy

Post by randy »

I'd love to see a Federal civil rights suit, with a Consent Decree imposed on her office prohibiting prosecution of people exercising 2nd Amendment rights.

Not going to happen, but still would love to leftists on the other side of a process they've abused for decades
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".