Breaking News! April 19

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Breaking News! April 19

Post by D5CAV »

*** BREAKING NEWS! ***
Boston April 19, 1775 / 9:35 PM / Updated 245 Years Ago

Law Enforcement Clash with Right-wing Extremists in Daring Early Morning Raid, WMDs Seized, Weapons Caches Destroyed, Many Extremists Killed at Tragic Cost of Heroic LEOs

Boston (Reuters) – A daring early morning raid by a combined force of FBI, ATF, Local SWAT, with some military support, under the leadership of LTC Francis Smith, succeeded in finding and destroying a large cache of ammunition and military-style assault weapons in Concord, MA, as well as seizing Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) with enough power to endanger civilians as far away as Boston.

Unfortunately, due to leaks in the administration of Boston Homeland Security Czar Thomas Gage, some of the right-wing extremists came into possession of classified plans of this operation, leading to the tragic loss of life of some of the first responders involved. One of the extremists who came into possession of this leaked classified information and disseminated it, Paul Revere, a local business owner, is in custody. However, several others escaped capture and alerted extremists in Concord.

Among those tipped-off were two leaders of the extremist movement with outstanding warrants for arrest, John Hancock and Samuel Adams, both local businessmen with suspected ties to smuggling operations and tax evasion activities. Due to tip-off by Revere, they were able to avoid law enforcement and remain at large. However, spokespersons at Facebook and Twitter reported that they are already de-platformed for violating “hate speech” and “fake news” guidelines, and YouTube reported that it removed their content for violating “community decency” standards.

Tragically, due to these classified information leaks, extremists managed to brutally ambush LEOs on their peaceful return to Boston after their successful destruction of weapons and seizure of WMDs in Concord, which marred an almost textbook law enforcement raid.

Prior Law Enforcement Success
Last September 1, a combined law enforcement task force in a surprise early morning raid successfully seized a large cache of ammunition and military-style assault weapons in Somerville, as well as seizing two WMDs in Cambridge, striking a major blow to right-wing extremists in the area.

To further discourage extremist elements, Homeland Security Czar Gage suspended sale of ammunition and military-style assault weapons in early December.

Classified Leaks Lead to Law Enforcement Failures
Following this heroic success against right-wing extremists, late last year and earlier this year, Law Enforcement planned to seize a cache of ammunition and assault weapons in Portsmouth, NH on December 17 and Salem, MA on February 27, respectively. However, Revere disseminated illegally obtained classified information on both raids, so local extremists were able to remove the ammunition and weapons prior to the raids, including at least two WMDs reportedly in Salem.

Violence at Lexington
On the night of April 18, Revere was able to get as far as Lexington to tip-off Hancock and Adams, who both escaped Lexington and avoided capture by law enforcement. Revere also alerted the local extremist leader John Parker, who was able to organize almost 100 extremists in Lexington. Revere was apprehended on the way to Concord, but his accomplices were able to escape and disseminate the classified law enforcement operations information to Concord and beyond.

At about 5am on April 19, a contingent of about 400 LEOs broke off from the main force on the way to Concord and entered Lexington to apprehend Hancock and Adams. There they encountered the group of right-wing extremists under the leadership of Parker.

According to official reports, one of the Law Enforcement leadership rode forward and ordered the extremists to disperse, which they began to do. However, some of the extremists shot at the law enforcement contingent, which responded with deadly force since they were in fear of their safety. Dozens of the extremists were killed or wounded, while only one LEO received a minor gunshot wound and is expected to fully recover.

LT John Barker, one of the LEOs present reported, “…we arrived and saw a number of people, I believe between 200 and 300, formed in a common in the middle of town; we still continued advancing, keeping prepared against an attack though without intending to attack them; but on our coming near them they fired on us two shots, upon which our men without any orders, rushed upon them, fired and put them to flight; several of them were killed...”

Some local witnesses claim that none of the extremists shot at law enforcement during the initial encounter, and that one of the LEOs shot first, but this is disputed by official accounts.

Law Enforcement Achieves Objective at Concord
Although Law Enforcement encountered some local right-wing extremist elements on the road from Lexington and in Concord, the effective show of force in Lexington discouraged the extremist elements from engaging Law Enforcement. They kept their distance from the LEOs and did not interfere with government search and seizure operations.

MAJ John Pitcairn of ATF, and second in command of the operation, successfully used enhanced interrogation techniques to coerce local sympathizers into divulging the location of hidden WMDs. These turned out to be three massive 24-pounder guns that could hit Boston from the Cambridge side of the Boston River. “There is no reason for civilians to possess such powerful WMDs,” said Pitcairn. In addition to the WMDs, the government forces succeeded in destroying a large cache of ammunition and military-style assault weapons.

Peaceful Raid Escalates to Violence
Unfortunately, while destroying the weapons and ammunition, some of the LEOs accidently set part of the town of Concord on fire, which was misconstrued by local extremists that Concord was being destroyed.

CPT Walter Laurie of FBI HRT was the first to encounter unprovoked violence from local extremists. A large force of about 400 extremists approached the bridge guarded by Laurie’s force of about 100 LEOs. In fear for their lives from such a large force, some of the LEOs opened fire on the extremists in self-defense. Several of the right-wing extremists were killed, including local extremist leader Isaac Davis. In a brutal response, extremists assaulted the LEO contingent on the bridge, tragically killing and wounding several brave first responders.

Return to Boston
At this point, Smith determined that most of the mission objectives were achieved, and called-off the search for any additional assault weapons, ammunition and WMDs. The dissemination of illegally obtained classified information had reached a large area around Concord, so many right-wing extremists were converging there. Although Smith had wisely called ahead for reinforcements from Boston, he wanted to immediately return to Boston to minimize conflict and casualties among the local civilian population.

Although the law enforcement task force attempted to peacefully return to Boston, the LEOs were brutally assaulted by right-wing extremists from Concord to Lexington. About 1000 reinforcements sent by Homeland Security Czar Gage met Smith’s raid team in Lexington to provide security on the way back to Boston, but more extremists kept arriving from further out, so the law enforcement team was still outnumbered by over 2 to 1.

Statement by Gage
In a press release by Homeland Security Czar Gage, he stated, “Tragically, 73 of our brave LEOs were killed and 174 wounded in this senseless act of violence by right-wing extremists.” His office reported that they are unsure of the number of extremists who were killed or wounded, but are confident it was many times the losses of federal and local LEO personnel. “Between the destruction of ammunition caches, assault weapons, WMDs, and the significant number of extremists killed and wounded, we believe we have delivered a severe blow to these extremist elements in our society,” said Gage, “We salute the brave men and women in our LEO community who sacrifice themselves to protect their fellow citizens against these extremists.” His office also announced that an additional contingent of LEOs were on their way from the federal government to defend Boston. “We will continue to support and protect the people of Boston and vicinity from right-wing extremists,” said Gage.

Henry Longfellow contributed to this story
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Netpackrat

Re: Breaking News! April 19

Post by Netpackrat »

Hardly a man is still alive who remembers that famous day and year.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Makes me hate the media more.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Precision

Post by Precision »

A derivation of something I have read before, but a much better rendition. And quite appropriate and I don't mean from the Babylon Bee either.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Greg

Post by Greg »

For several years I lived about a block from the location of the large cache of munitions that were seized in Somerville the previous Sept 1.

Said location was a powder storage magazine. Seizing it pissed off a lot of locals and was in fact the inspiration behind all the local organizing that made the response at Concord possible.

It's still there. It's located right by a traffic circle where several roads come together, called, mysteriously, Powderhouse Circle. Nobody cares about the history.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Greg wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:58 pm For several years I lived about a block from the location of the large cache of munitions that were seized in Somerville the previous Sept 1.

Said location was a powder storage magazine. Seizing it pissed off a lot of locals and was in fact the inspiration behind all the local organizing that made the response at Concord possible.

It's still there. It's located right by a traffic circle where several roads come together, called, mysteriously, Powderhouse Circle. Nobody cares about the history.
Very cool! I didn't know that.

My sister lives near there. I rarely let my shadow pass over the Massachusetts border because of the time and effort required to "sanitize" my rig to avoid a felony charge when I cross the state line, but I will make a point to visit next time I happen to be there.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe