Control Group for COVID-19 reaction

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Control Group for COVID-19 reaction

Post by Vonz90 »

When this is all said and done and we want to compare and contrast maximum reaction to a more moderate reaction, we have our control group for the moderate to minimal reaction.

https://reason.com/2020/03/25/despite-c ... atherings/
Netpackrat

Re: Control Group for COVID-19 reaction

Post by Netpackrat »

How does one say, "y'all hold our beer and watch this" in Swedish? It will be interesting to see how that works out for them. Here is an article that is less "rah rah" on it:

https://news.yahoo.com/sweden-denmark-n ... 38234.html
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
BDK

Post by BDK »

...articles should not be written by folks without knowledge of the subject matter... I realize opining on subjects, with neither education nor experience, and expecting an opinion to be seriously considered, is a libertarian trait - hell, I have to fight it in myself - but the reason article is a bit absurd.

Valid points on the economics, but not all cultures can be part of “civilization” - and, frankly, China is proving itself to not be. Civilization cannot work, when it tries to interact with low-trust societies, and treat them as if they are high-trust.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I was just doing a search on how Sweden was fairing, no recent updates. Probably an indication that they are doing ok. I assume if it was going to shit it would be all over the news .
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »