Worshiping St. Browning

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
toad

Worshiping St. Browning

Post by toad »

I see that a White Settlement Church in Texas had a goblin enter and start shooting. The parishioners pulled their guns out and shot back. Killed him.
scipioafricanus

Re: Worshiping St. Browning

Post by scipioafricanus »

If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
randy

Post by randy »

What's amazing is that even one of the network news shows (ABC I think) broadcast the video and stills that showed at least 4-5 people drawing weapons and going after the goblin. Someone is going to be in deep doo-doo for not memory hole-ing something that doesn't fit The Narrative.

My condolences to the congregation, kudos to the man who dropped the goblin and the other members of the congregation that stood up and faced in to the sound of the guns.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

More detail from Dallas paper: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ettlement/

three dead including BG. No identities released yet.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
scipioafricanus

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-church ... way-church

More about the Good Guy with a Gun.
g-man

Post by g-man »

John Correia does a good breakdown on his Active Self Protection channel of the incident based on the live-streamed YouTube video of the service. Apparently a number of his viewers grabbed a copy and sent it to him before the vid got pulled from YouTube. I counted at least 8 parishioners with firearms. Based on the speed of the incident, I’m definitely re-evaluating my carry situation. The Bodyguard .380 IWB with the belt clip is functional, but not nearly fast enough.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
scipioafricanus

g-man wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:36 pm John Correia does a good breakdown on his Active Self Protection channel of the incident based on the live-streamed YouTube video of the service. Apparently a number of his viewers grabbed a copy and sent it to him before the vid got pulled from YouTube. I counted at least 8 parishioners with firearms. Based on the speed of the incident, I’m definitely re-evaluating my carry situation. The Bodyguard .380 IWB with the belt clip is functional, but not nearly fast enough.
Small Bodyguard, go for pocket carry. I run my Shield in there and nothing wrong with having your hand in your pocket. No one thinks otherwise. When the sketchy guy in the church is bothering you, hand in pocket ready to go.
randy

Post by randy »

scipioafricanus wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:26 am Small Bodyguard, go for pocket carry. I run my Shield in there and nothing wrong with having your hand in your pocket. No one thinks otherwise. When the sketchy guy in the church is bothering you, hand in pocket ready to go.
That's my extreme cold weather method, J frame in outside parka pocket. 5 shots will hopefully be enough to end the situation or provide me time to break contact and dig my full sized carry piece out from under the parka.

No reason it shouldn't work with a suit coat/pants pocket carry as well.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

I am hardcore (or so I am told). I often open carry when I attend services. The M&P 9 is readily available with two spare mags on the offhand side. When I am wearing a heavy winter coat over it, I carry a Keltec P3AT in my Duluth trading company flex fire hose cargo pocket with the flap attached inside, for easy draw. I have a kydex fold holster for that gun.

Am thinking about getting a S&W model 60 3" to replace the P3AT. But it may print a lot more in that manner.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Precision wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:49 pm Am thinking about getting a S&W model 60 3" to replace the P3AT. But it may print a lot more in that manner.
I replaced my no longer reliable P3AT with a 2” 442 and I have never regretted it. It’s a little bigger, but it disappears in my front pants pocket in a Kramer pocket holster.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop