Tank Farm Fire in SF Bay

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
g-man

Tank Farm Fire in SF Bay

Post by g-man »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rodeo-refi ... 019-10-15/

Wife showed me the pics from the CHP and the Saudi drone incident is the first thing that popped into my head. We have a friend who has been working in Berkeley since her client is down there, and she left 40 minutes early today, clearing this area about 20 minutes ahead of the explosion. They store "crude oil, refined products, and various specialty liquids" there, and it's directly adjacent to the Phillips 66 SF refinery to the immediate West. Probably just your standard run-of-the-mill industrial accident due to neglected maintenance, environmental conditions, or plain stupid, but given the proximity of that tank farm to an I-80 exit (access), and the Saudi incident... it makes one wonder.

And we'll NEVER find out if it was actually a drone, even though that would give the nanny state leverage on restricting drone operators even more.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum