Trans trying to go back

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Trans trying to go back

Post by Vonz90 »

https://news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of- ... x-11827740

I feel very sorry for these young people and have nothing but contempt for the monsters who are doing this.
Weetabix

Re: Trans trying to go back

Post by Weetabix »

One of the terrible things about it is that when a young person is having trouble with all this identity stuff, anyone who isn't firmly in a camp screeching to go one direction or another is stifled by one camp or the other. The young people don't seem to have anyone nonpartisan to help them through it, somehow.

I'd bet almost all of them just need some guidance and time to grow through it.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

I read an article similar to this almost a decade ago. His contention was the unquestioning acceptance and support for transitioning was preventing high rates coincident mental illness from being properly diagnosed and treated. of course I can’t even remember his name and now we are talking about puberty blockers for trans kids. He clearly wasn’t selling what they wanted to hear.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Well, the trans advocates don't want to acknowledge that there may be mental illness involved. If they do, they say it's because of social disapproval/pressure, etc.

Nevermind that any other condition where a person sees/hears/feels things that are at odds with physical reality - seeing things, hearing voices, thinking they're fat when they look like a concentration camp survivor, thinking they're disabled when they're not - is diagnosed as mental illness.

But let someone with an XX chromosome set, vagina, and boobs, or XY with twig and berries, decide that those chromosomes and associated equipment are wrong, well, they should be supported in their delusion, even celebrated for their 'bravery', and if you don't, you're a transphobic hater.

I wonder if I could sell t-shirts that said "XX, XY, Chromosomes don't lie."
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Better trademark that.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

The story is getting picked up a bit more:
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/s ... ge-regret/

Not to be too insensitive, but when they change back, where do they get the parts? Do the parts work again? If you go Man -> Woman -> Man, do you get parts from someone else going Man -> Woman?

I mean, I assume when someone transitions, they get rid of the offending nads, right? Do they get a new set for the destination sex? Or is it all hormone therapy?

I'm too afraid to google it, but I really do wonder how all that is supposed to work.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D