Shots fired, ICE facility attacked

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Greg

Shots fired, ICE facility attacked

Post by Greg »

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothyme ... s-n2550013

When do we get to be more proactive about this stuff?
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Re: Shots fired, ICE facility attacked

Post by Vonz90 »

The worse the better!
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Interesting bit from his manifesto/suicide note https://mediaweb.kirotv.com/document_de ... ver1.0.pdf

All the way at the bottom: he claims to have used a " cheap, home built unregistered "ghost" ar15, had six magazines".

Haven't seen the media or the usual anti-gun folks saying much, if anything, at all about that bit.

Without further information, it's pretty hard to verify the accuracy of his statement. I'm willing to believe that the "cheap, home built, unregistered" part is truthful, since AR build kits are easily and cheaply purchased online or in person (Surplus Arms and Ammo has a physical store in Tacoma). Even under current law in WA, I don't think the state actually registers guns of any sort.

I would be very interested in the "ghost" part - did he actually use an 80% lower or some other flavor of homebuild? Or did he use a lower that maybe passed through an FFL at some point, but whose ownership/origins has been muddied by passing through multiple private sellers since? Or was is a straight up, normal AR15 lower that he bought through an FFL and the only thing "ghostly" about it is that the complete rifle was never in the hands of an FFL?

The Daily Caller mentions the ghost gun aspect here, but they spend more time talking about Antifa types arming up. (Which is a related and disquieting thing as well.)

I don't really foresee the media digging too deeply into this; a FOIA request to the Tacoma PD, WSP, and/or ATF may be the only way to actually get the information.

Other random info:
- the Antifa terrorist was apparently targeting the buses used to transport the illegal aliens (when deported, they are flown out of the Yakima airport, not SeaTac or Olympia; the runways at Yakima can handle planes up to C-17 size) and possibly the commercial size propane tank nearby, not the actualy detention center building.
- the Antifa terrorist was, in the past if not currently, a member of the John Brown Gun Club
Fortuna Fortis Paratus