First woman PM of NZ calls for gun ban

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Precision

Re: First woman PM of NZ calls for gun ban

Post by Precision »

I saw an article that said exactly 37 rifles have been turned in. Five of those by Cabinet members of the "government".
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

so was Lon Horiuchi. At least 10% of any group (trade school grads, military, etc.) are going to be assholes. Said percentage tends to be higher in certain groups (politicians, actors etc.) but I've never seen it to be any lower.

One of my favorite comebacks when some one is using the fact that a person has an MD as proof of their moral superiority. "Oh, just like Josef Mengele."
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

And the head of the largest mosque in NZ blames the Jooooooooooooooos: http://www.thetower.org/7399-head-of-nz ... on-mossad/
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

randy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:07 pm so was Lon Horiuchi. At least 10% of any group (trade school grads, military, etc.) are going to be assholes. Said percentage tends to be higher in certain groups (politicians, actors etc.) but I've never seen it to be any lower.

One of my favorite comebacks when some one is using the fact that a person has an MD as proof of their moral superiority. "Oh, just like Josef Mengele."
Damn, you just quotes Mark's First Rule of Social Interaction, to wit "In any given population, the percentage of assholes is non-zero".

Seems the word is getting out!