Feel Good "This day in History" Story

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
randy

Feel Good "This day in History" Story

Post by randy »

H/T to Instapundit
On the morning of March 6, 1970, members of the Weather Underground terrorist group were busying themselves with plans to set off a large bomb. Their intended target was a dance for non-commissioned officers scheduled for that night at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Something went wrong and the bomb went off prematurely, completely destroying the Greenwich Village townhouse the Weathermen were occupying at 18 W. 11th Street.

That was good news. It meant that the lives of the Fort Dix non-commissioned officers and their dates were spared.

Instead, the bodies of Weathermen Diana Oughton and Terry Robbins, who had been working in the basement on the bomb, were blown to pieces. Member Ted Gold, who was just arriving at the house when it blew up, was also killed.
The story goes on to describe how their co-conspirators did not get an equal portion of justice, but became heroes of the left, but why not just enjoy the win?
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Re: Feel Good "This day in History" Story

Post by scipioafricanus »

And Bill Ayers gets a gummint pension.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Langenator

Re: Feel Good "This day in History" Story

Post by Langenator »

And one of the other escapees is a professor at Columbia, despite a felony conviction in the Brinks armored car robbery that killed 3 people.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus