Notorious RBG hospitalized again

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
g-man

Notorious RBG hospitalized again

Post by g-man »

Apparently she fell in the Supreme Court offices and broke 3 ribs. She broke 2 back in 12, but was quickly back on the bench. Interestingly, the article noted that the court spokeswoman "did not provide additional details about how Justice Ginsburg fell or whether she fell because of another medical condition." So some reporters have obviously asked.

EDIT: Just noticed that this was also mentioned over in the 'does not follow' thread.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Langenator

Re: Notorious RBG hospitalized again

Post by Langenator »

IMHO, at this point she's just grimly holding on, hoping she doesn't die before Jan 20. 2021. She really wanted Hillary to appoint her replacement, but then Trump won the election and messed up her plan. So now she's stuck.

I almost guarantee the only way she leaves the bench with Trump in the White House if if she keels over.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

Well, in stating the obvious, another reason that hopefully Trump doesn’t cave to Dem House demands and he is able to win re-election in 2020...
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Politics aside, falling down and breaking ribs is not a joke. I did that 2 months ago. Just fell down outside when I didn't expect it and broke one or maybe 2.

Never went to the doctor over it, just ate a lot of advil and some aspirin and got through it. People told me to get it wrapped and such, but the internet says they don't do that any more. Seems you can't breath deep that way and this increases the chance of pneumonia. Takes 4-6 weeks to heal. I was still working and all and had to chainsaw something 3 weeks later. Took 5 weeks to stop feeling it move and 7 before I could turn onto that side in my sleep and not wake up from the discomfort.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Johnnyreb wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:49 am People told me to get it wrapped and such, but the internet says they don't do that any more. Seems you can't breath deep that way and this increases the chance of pneumonia. Takes 4-6 weeks to heal.
They don't wrap any more, I know because I broke a coupla ribs in a car accident a couple of years ago. They kept me in the hospital 4 days for observation, as there's a real risk of a embolism developing if you nick a lung.

It was painful as hell, and I too was told - 6-8 weeks, hat horrible lie that is, it was something like 12 weeks when I could sit up out of bed and not acream in pain, and wasn't back to normal for like 4 months+.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I got hurt on a Sunday and Mondays at work is a busy day. I was hurting, but not what I would call badly, just ate 3 200mg advil in the morning and again at lunch. But when I got home, it was wearing off and I had to go up 3 steps to get into the house. And those 3 steps were slow and painful. After that I was taking aspiren for inflammation and advil for pain before going to bed. And when I was on my feet and all, I wasn't bad off as long as I picked up the heavy packages carefully.

It hurt the worst when I was getting in and out of bed and lying down in bed it would hurt when I breathed for while before settling down. It is hard to learn how to sleep staying very still and every time I tried to turn on my side a bit as I slept, I got woke up. Those first couple of weeks I got half my sleep leaning back in my nice expensive computer chair. It doesn't lean back much, but since I bought it, I've learned I can nap just fine that way. And sitting in the chair, I wasn't uncomfortable.

I don't know, either I have a high pain threshold or I got lucky and the break was just a simple break. Except for that first day at work, I never did hurt enough that the ibuprofen couldn't mostly handle it. Aside from being careful how I moved and all, most of my problem was getting good sleep without moving and getting woke up from discomfort.

It was a big pain anyway though, because I read a lot and much of that reading is done lying on the bed on my side, with the bed lamp behind me. And that was the side I busted. That 7 weeks is how long it took before I could read like that again.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Aaaand she's got cancer again.

They found it on scans checking on her fractured ribs. 3rd round since she was appointed to the USSC.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Precision

Post by Precision »

Can't she contract antibiotic resistant staph or mercer while she is there. Just sayin. But God protects drunks and idiots, so.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

GOP is missing an opportunity. They can point out that if they had socialized medicine, single-payer, full Obamacare, etc... she wouldn't be getting treatment. She would be getting a "pain pill" like Obama told an old woman on the campaign who asked about healthcare for the elderly.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:34 pm GOP is missing an opportunity. They can point out that if they had socialized medicine, single-payer, full Obamacare, etc... she wouldn't be getting treatment. She would be getting a "pain pill" like Obama told an old woman on the campaign who asked about healthcare for the elderly.
Don't be silly, RBG is one of the important people who can have all the treatment we can pay for.