Delivering Bombs Like Pizza

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
skb12172

Delivering Bombs Like Pizza

Post by skb12172 »

You have all heard about all the bomb deliveries by now, so links to news reports aren't necessary to get this thread going. Comments, opinions?
Last edited by skb12172 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Langenator

Re: Delivering Bombs Like Pizza

Post by Langenator »

Honestly, I'm still waiting for more info
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
randy

Post by randy »

+1. Neither side has a monopoly on whack jobs. Then there are always the independent crazies.

So could be a false flag to point the finger right, or someone on the right deciding it's time to kick off CWII. Or something else entirely. Not enought info for even a WAG let alone a SWAG.

I do note that the bomb maker does not seem particularly competent. The one to Soros for instance was opened, and removed to a wooded area before the cops were called without detonating. Whether that was a bug or a feature depends on the intent of whoever sent it.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I believe they are a desperate attempt to manufacture an October surprise. After all, given the social climate these days, Dem voters would just shrug if their candidate were caught with a dead girl or a live boy.

If the perp is never caught, or if the media refuses to cover it when he is, we'll know what letter comes after his name. If none of these "bombs" have actually exploded yet, there should be gobs of forensic evidence to work with.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Something seems really funny. No one has released anything about what kind of explosives are in them. Former EOD guys are questioning a lot of the pics of the devices; they say they look more like something out of a movie/tv show. And Bonehead Cuomo is saying he got one when he didn't.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

From what I have been reading elsewhere, it seems like these were built so that they would technically qualify as bombs, but there was really no way for the detonators to function as such. So, all for show.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 am From what I have been reading elsewhere, it seems like these were built so that they would technically qualify as bombs, but there was really no way for the detonators to function as such. So, all for show.
Ten of ten DIDN'T go boom. Don't know how many "pipe bombs" ya'll have ever built, but I played around with them many years ago; saying that these are crude, is like saying water is wet........ :roll:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Termite wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:59 am
Netpackrat wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 am From what I have been reading elsewhere, it seems like these were built so that they would technically qualify as bombs, but there was really no way for the detonators to function as such. So, all for show.
Ten of ten DIDN'T go boom. Don't know how many "pipe bombs" ya'll have ever built, but I played around with them many years ago; saying that these are crude, is like saying water is wet........ :roll:
I did some stash duty an the Navy weapons research facility near DC doing design, build, and testing of research explosives. So as a matter of fact, I have designed and built and operated something pretty close to a pipe bomb. I would not call myself an expert, but I know more about it than most and ....if I did another it would definitely go boom when I wanted it to.

I have not seen enough to say if these are real bombs or just made to look like them as their is no detail in the pictures and obviously no way to know what is in the chemical composition. Since they probably had to mix their own explosives, they could have done that wrong, or their detonation train could be screwed up at some point.

:?:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Hell, anybody who's read the improvised munition handbook could tell you those things were bad jobs - not enough oomph in the firing circuit to set off the cap for one thing.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Last heard they didn't even have caps