Nike destroys $3 billion in market value overnight

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Vonz90

Nike destroys $3 billion in market value overnight

Post by Vonz90 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09- ... ion-so-far

Meh, I can't buy any less of their stuff than I do now (I buy running and B-ball shoes, but prefer Adidas anyway).

I definitely would stop buying them if I did buy it now.
Jered

Re: Nike destroys $3 billion in market value overnight

Post by Jered »

They're getting roasted with memes, too.

How offensive of one would you like?

I have a Hitler one, too
40875994_2144335855819295_8959343814300925952_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Meme away!

I used to be a fan of Nike footwear, but about the time they changed the Air line from Pegasus to Jordan, they just stopped fitting right. Never went back.

But I'd probably be ready to leave them behind for this now if I had not already.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

They have never hit my feet right. I always buy New Balance or Adidas. If I did buy them, I wouldn't after this. All the Liberals I know are saying some things are more important than money. They are right, of course, but not if you are running a major corporation.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I really do not understand what they thought would happen when they plastered Colon Kastratenik's photo on their ads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

My son refers to him as Call-me-a Kippersnack. :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

A line I saw (I think in an Instapundit comment): "Another example of how great Trump is doing. The unemployment rate is low that even Colin Kaepernick can get a job" :D
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

So he's hawking not-playing-football shoes?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Kim posted a link on his blog to an article that posits that Nike and Levi are doing these seemingly harmful things to try and prevent trade resets with China and (reportedly) North Korea, where the Chinese now go for low cost labor. They're "siding" with those opposing Trump and his trade actions in order to preserve their current trade environment and, apparently, much more money than they might lose by alienating many of their American customers.
g-man

Post by g-man »

I saw that. Hadn't really thought about it, but it makes sense. If we're outsourcing to China/Vietnam/The Philippines, it only makes sense that China would outsource somewhere cheaper. Nowhere cheaper than what amounts to a country full of prisoners.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum