Another Florida Shooting

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
Jered

Re: Another Florida Shooting

Post by Jered »

Apparently his mom called the cops on him regularly.

Apparently his mom accused him of domestic assault, too.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/records-l ... tal-health

So, once again, probably a case where the police couldn't be arsed to do their job and arrest the little shit.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Supposedly was on SSRI meds (which maybe ought to be renamed G23 Paxilon hydrochlorate, because reasons :geek: ).
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:06 pm Supposedly was on SSRI meds (which maybe ought to be renamed G23 Paxilon hydrochlorate, because reasons :geek: ).
Eh, they actually help one hell of a lot more people than go postal from them.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

Cybrludite wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 am
MiddleAgedKen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:06 pm Supposedly was on SSRI meds (which maybe ought to be renamed G23 Paxilon hydrochlorate, because reasons :geek: ).
The one thing I think of whenever someone blames psychotropic meds for shootings: Did you ever stop to think that he was on the meds because he was a f***ing nutbag in the first place? Yes, it's entirely possible that the meds made his nutbaggery worse - because human beings aren't all the same, and sometimes the meds effect different people in different ways. But it's also entirely possible that the meds didn't work, or just didn't work on the violent part of his nuttiness.

BLUF: they don't give those meds to people who are normal and well adjusted.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Langenator wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:32 pm
Cybrludite wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:15 am
The one thing I think of whenever someone blames psychotropic meds for shootings: Did you ever stop to think that he was on the meds because he was a f***ing nutbag in the first place? Yes, it's entirely possible that the meds made his nutbaggery worse - because human beings aren't all the same, and sometimes the meds effect different people in different ways. But it's also entirely possible that the meds didn't work, or just didn't work on the violent part of his nuttiness.

BLUF: they don't give those meds to people who are normal and well adjusted.
Wrong one for the wrong person can make them much worse. I have seen a family member go on meds for depression and turn into a suicidal psychotic mess (and then back to normal when off them, minus a hospital stay). I forgot the med in question, but later Dr said It was a horrible choice for the condition in question.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have seen something similar to what Vonz describes, though not quite as extreme.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Yup. I've seen similar.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

He looks like a real winner. Steve Buscemi will play him in the tv movie.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.