Youtube bans all gun and reloading channels

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Re: Youtube bans all gun and reloading channels

Post by D5CAV »

Inrange on bitchute: https://www.bitchute.com/search/?q=inra ... eated+desc

Tell all your favorite gun channels to move there.

Ditch anything G####E related, like youtube, gmail, etc. Flush your F######K account.

If you really must use social media, tell your friends to use Wechat: http://www.wechat.com/en/ . It's the F#####K equivalent site that everyone in China uses. Of course, it's monitored by the CCP, just like F######K is by NSA and CIA, but being on the CCP sh#t list probably won't impact your life. Chinese banks won't share data with the IRS (unlike every other country on the planet), so I doubt the CCP will share with the NSA either.

Learn how to use a TOR browser: https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

You're welcome
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

This goes allot deeper than just the gun stuff, its just where most of us happen to see the effects of the current social media war. Youtube (and Facebook, twitter, and Google in general) seem hell bent on strangling their golden geese in the name of virtue signaling and stopping badthink. Going to be an interesting 5 years as the various social networks fracture under the weight their own misguided policies.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Kommander wrote:This goes allot deeper than just the gun stuff, its just where most of us happen to see the effects of the current social media war. Youtube (and Facebook, twitter, and Google in general) seem hell bent on strangling their golden geese in the name of virtue signaling and stopping badthink. Going to be an interesting 5 years as the various social networks fracture under the weight their own misguided policies.
Okay, Google I am familiar with, what is this Youtube (and Facebook, twitter) things you guys keep talking about?
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Anyone have any alternatives to gmail that aren't too hard to get started on? I got on gmail years ago because it was convenient, and I didn't realize how evil the G****e empire was.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Personally I think Microsoft is just as evil in its own ways. If you feel differently and you're willing to pay a modest amount ($4 a month I think for a base account) then Office 365 for email may be ok. It lets you use outlook to its fullest potential if that matters to you (I don't use it but it seems to be the default groupthink choice for a mail client), or you can use it via web. We resell it at work (sigh) and the back end has been pretty reliable.

I have had a Mindspring (later Earthlink) account since 2000 or so. Most ISPs offered mail service, though it will be more limited in allowed size than Gmail, so you need to either keep it purged or move mail you want to keep to your local system. Even though they're not my ISP any more they have a mail-only service for $8/month (worth it to me to retain my mindspring email account, and it includes a 100MB website/FTP storage location). You get webmail or can use a POP or IMAP client (outlook, Thunderbird, etc). I would expect there are a lot of other email services available, but free ones mean you'll have to live with their policies.

My Gmail was set up as the repository for the images my pet cams and home security cams sent when they had a motion or audio alert. I have 320,000 emails in the inbox, almost all with an attached image. Some of them (departed pets) I'll want to save, but I am also considering dumping my google account (which goes all the way back to deja-news Usenet, which google bought).
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

IIRC it costs me about $125/year for domain hosting with as many email accounts as I might wish to create, web server space, and I'm sure lots of other features which I don't use. If my current host pisses me off for some reason, I switch hosts and as far as anyone else is concerned, all of my address stuff stays the same.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Vonz90 wrote:Okay, Google I am familiar with, what is this Youtube (and Facebook, twitter) things you guys keep talking about?
YouTube has been using vague policies, and coming up with new ones, to demonetize and otherwise isolate videos that while not technically violating their terms of service are somehow a source of badthink as far as YouTube is concerned. Google *sneerk* "Ad Apocalypse" for more information.

Facebook was apparently infiltrated by highly trained operatives from the Soviet Union who then used it to give Donald Trump the election or something. They frankly have no clue whats going on because the whole place is run by a kid in a hoodie who had one good idea 15 years ago and has been coasting on it ever since. Bottom line is that they are severely compromised and no one should be using their service.

Twitters situation is a bit more simple, consisting of essentially double standards and holding people responsible for the actions of others. This let to the creation og Gab, which claims to be a total free fire zone as far as free speech goes.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

...um thanks, I was actually being kind of factious. I am disconnected from that stuff (in the sense that I do not use them) but not completely clueless.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

TheArmsman wrote:How hard would it be to setup a guntube? What steps would need to be taken?
A Brit has apparently set up something called "Gunbook".
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Per Borepatch, Full30 seems to be gaining some momentum.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!