Dick's Goes Zumbo

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
skb12172

Dick's Goes Zumbo

Post by skb12172 »

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. :roll:

I'll never set foot in another one.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
g-man

Re: Dick's Goes Zumbo

Post by g-man »

Libs on the book of face are sharing same and rejoicing. Dick's is free to enforce whatever policies they want regarding sales to anyone. Free country. They just lost a LOT of business though. Either you're an adult at 18, or you're not. 16 for driving, 18 for guns, 21 for alcohol? Makes zero sense, but we've all accepted it. I don't have a problem with graduated/tiered licensing for cars, since that's been shown to increase driver skill base and reduce accidents (european standards, for example), with no 'full' licence until 21.

But if we can trust you in a voting booth, we MUST trust you with a firearm, since with the vote you have the power (through statewide referenda) to wield the power of the .gov to enact and enforce laws... with guns.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
randy

Post by randy »

I would refer to them as virtue signaling attention whores, but that would be insulting to prostitutes.

I was surprised they had any sales to ban. After Newton they made a big deal about banning "assault weapons" to the extent of screwing over multitudes of customers that had pre-paid ARs and such on order. They must have re-introduced them as some point when the virtue signaling was gaining them less revenue than gun sales.

I wouldn't know since I haven't set foot in a Dick's (or their subsidiary Field and Stream) since then. No need to when we had a Gander Mountain (RIP) and now a Cabela's locally, with plenty of local gun stores.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rod

Post by Rod »

Interesting they're doubling down now. After Sandy Hook, they left a gun maker in the lurch and took 6 months to return deposits on specialty guns special ordered through Dick's. He is also a lying bag of shit since Field and Stream was still selling black rifles since Sandy Hook. Supposedly they're also no longer selling them. The few times I wandered in, the staff lived up to the store's name and was overpriced as Hell.

On another note, Smith and Wesson and Ruger stocks dropped rather steeply today but I doubt it was because of the announcement. No other gun company stock fell that I know of.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

WalMart did the same. Actually good news in my opinion for local gun stores.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jered

Post by Jered »

randy wrote: I was surprised they had any sales to ban. After Newton they made a big deal about banning "assault weapons" to the extent of screwing over multitudes of customers that had pre-paid ARs and such on order. They must have re-introduced them as some point when the virtue signaling was gaining them less revenue than gun sales.
That sounds like a class action lawsuit.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I've got a Scheels here, and maybe Gander will return soon (that's the current rumor at least). And a gun shop just opened across the street from my office.

Dick's? Dick who?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Rod

Post by Rod »

One opened up in El Paso about 3 years ago. I walked in the door and looked around. Ammo prices higher than most of the other big box stores, mainly hunting rifles and trap and skeet guns. Handguns more expensive than three local gun shops. Walked out and haven't been back. Oh, did I mention the sales staff believed in acting out the store's name?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

On another forum I saw it suggested that everybody should go into a Dick's, fill up a shopping cart, and then "change their mind" and walk out leaving the shopping cart wherever. My question (there not being a Dick's in Alaska) was being a sporting goods store, do they have a bait freezer in the fishing section?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Dicks.jpg
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."