Dick's Goes Zumbo

This forum is for discussions on the noteworthy events, people, places, and circumstances of both the past and the present (note: pop culture etc... is on the back porch).
D5CAV

Re: Dick's Goes Zumbo

Post by D5CAV »

Netpackrat wrote:On another forum I saw it suggested that everybody should go into a Dick's, fill up a shopping cart, and then "change their mind" and walk out leaving the shopping cart wherever. My question (there not being a Dick's in Alaska) was being a sporting goods store, do they have a bait freezer in the fishing section?
About the only reason I can think of for going into a Dick's store. I'll buy my "Oh S###, I forgot to pack my ___" at Walmart before I'll darken the door at Dick's
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
g-man

Post by g-man »

D5CAV wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:On another forum I saw it suggested that everybody should go into a Dick's, fill up a shopping cart, and then "change their mind" and walk out leaving the shopping cart wherever. My question (there not being a Dick's in Alaska) was being a sporting goods store, do they have a bait freezer in the fishing section?
About the only reason I can think of for going into a Dick's store. I'll buy my "Oh S###, I forgot to pack my ___" at Walmart before I'll darken the door at Dick's
Except that Walmart jumped on this idiot bandwagon as well. SWMBO, of her own accord, has decided that we won't be shopping there anymore. Sam's Club, while the same parent company, doesn't sell firearms anyway, has an annual fee (read: Screening criteria), and is generally a better clientele anyway. Fuck DICK'S, Walmart, Delta, Enterprise, and the rest of these virtue signalling assclowns.

NPR: You can go into your local Fred Meyer (Kroger subsidiary) and pull the 'full cart - I forgot my wallet' bit as many times as you'd like. They're also on the bandwagon, and SWMBO mentioned she hopes they go out of business up there.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

g-man wrote: NPR: You can go into your local Fred Meyer (Kroger subsidiary) and pull the 'full cart - I forgot my wallet' bit as many times as you'd like. They're also on the bandwagon, and SWMBO mentioned she hopes they go out of business up there.
Works for me. It's gonna be a pain because the local grocery alternatives suck ass.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I buy some fishing gear at Dicks but once I empty the gift card I have I'll stick to Cabela's. I figure they already have the money on the card and they don't give back cash.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Funny.JPG
Rod

Post by Rod »

Two 20 year old employees quit very publicly, sharing their letters of resignation online. Both, from different stores basically said they couldn't work for an employer who took away their rights. No mention of lawsuits and such. Good for them. I got to thinking, get a good lawyer, and a bunch of 20 year old who work for the places that refuse to sell to them, class action lawsuit for age discrimination?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Rod wrote:class action lawsuit for age discrimination?
Federal Civil rights laws do not apply, but roughly 1/3 of the states have age discrimination laws that would

https://reason.com/volokh/2018/02/28/ca ... rifles-and
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Somehow we need to apply the "bake the cake" standard.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

I want to see a gay couple do that at a halal bakery first. Just to watch leftists' heads explode.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Langenator wrote:I want to see a gay couple do that at a halal bakery first. Just to watch leftists' heads explode.
Been done: https://youtu.be/RgWIhYAtan4
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka